Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone use chalk?

Kravi

1 minute ago, Kravi said:

What about products like "liquid chalk"? I haven't used it yet, but I have it in my kit and was planning on testing it this weekend.

I think its about the same as dry chalk. Itll work, but it gets slippery in my opinion. Yes it dries your hands but makes them slick. Academy sells a tennis or racketball liquid grip that is the same formula used in most shooting specific grip enhancers. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just use the spray on liquid chalk by Progrip and find it helps a LOT.  I didn't use it for years, instead i just rubbed my hands on my pants prior to the buzzer going off.  This may be a little OCD, but I've found that using D-Wipes to clean off your hands every few stages and then applying the grip enhancer works very well.  You end up with some chalk on your gun/clothes/gear/car/etc., but our hobby isnt a clean one anyway so no worries there.

TBH i don't love the manual pump dispenser, and wouldn't buy it again in that type, but overall its a very useful product.

On 1/8/2024 at 10:00 AM, Nathanb said:

I’ll use liquid grip on hot days. 

+1. I can’t shoot without it anymore. My master / almost grandmaster friend introduced me to it and he douses his hands in prior to every stage, so now I do too

• 4 weeks later...