Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillion CP 2000 worth it ?

I currently have an automated RL1100 and  an apex 10 ( not automated ) . I use my 1100 to process pistol and rifle brass  but only load  pistol on it and it’s a pain in the ass. Is it worth having one dedicated press or am I over thinking my whole brass process ? 

2 hours ago, Broke82 said:

I currently have an automated RL1100 and  an apex 10 ( not automated ) . I use my 1100 to process pistol and rifle brass  but only load  pistol on it and it’s a pain in the ass. Is it worth having one dedicated press or am I over thinking my whole brass process ? 

What are  you finding to be painful?

I have an automated 1100 and use it to both process and load pistol. 

Problems are few and far between at this point in time although there was a learning curve.

13 hours ago, Broke82 said:

I have not taken the opportunity to use my previous 1100 and my current Apex10; but if I were processing AND reloading I think loading on the Apex10 and using the 1100 strictly for processing would be my plan.  Plus automating the Apex10 asap if I needed the output.

And this is based on many discussions of experienced loaders doing both processes.........

🤔

9 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

I have not taken the opportunity to use my previous 1100 and my current Apex10; but if I were processing AND reloading I think loading on the Apex10 and using the 1100 strictly for processing would be my plan.  Plus automating the Apex10 asap if I needed the output.

And this is based on many discussions of experienced loaders doing both processes.........

🤔

That’s what I am kinda leaning to , I just got done processing a batch of 9mm and it was a breeze having the mark 7 attached . I wasn’t  sure about taking that press and turning into a processing press ,  the apex is far less finicky  then the Dillion . Thanks for the input , I might just do what you said 

5 minutes ago, Broke82 said:

That’s what I am kinda leaning to , I just got done processing a batch of 9mm and it was a breeze having the mark 7 attached . I wasn’t  sure about taking that press and turning into a processing press ,  the apex is far less finicky  then the Dillion . Thanks for the input , I might just do what you said 

Good luck!  

:)

If I need to decide, I would automate the processing.

Loading pre processed brass is no big deal, but the heavy crimped primers and wide brass takes more force to beat.

And if you got a ton of processed brass loading your weekly dose is a fast Business. 

2 hours ago, SchuhmTi said:

If I need to decide, I would automate the processing.

Loading pre processed brass is no big deal, but the heavy crimped primers and wide brass takes more force to beat.

And if you got a ton of processed brass loading your weekly dose is a fast Business. 

I just changed everything on the 1100 to processing . I’ve been having nothing but problems with loading on it . I processed 8k of 9mm with no problems. My apex 10 loads like a dream . One day I am gonna automate that . 

Would it make more sense to have a decapper and a roll sizer instead of the CP2000?

I have been thinking about buying them both. 

Just haven't done it yet. 

Ive been using the CP2000 now for 3 years. Its worth the coin. I would suggest getting a Rollsizer decapper. Its nice to be able to decap the brass dirty then wet clean it before it hits the Dillon press. My casefeeder and press are nice and clean during reloading.

3456.jpg

ergt.jpg

On 1/2/2024 at 8:09 PM, Broke82 said:

I also have a dedicated Rl1100 just for priming. I prime all my brass first. Then powder and bullets on the 2nd pass. On the CP2000 I run it at 2100 CPH. Its quick.

6 minutes ago, Johnnymazz said:

Ive been using the CP2000 now for 3 years. Its worth the coin. I would suggest getting a Rollsizer decapper. Its nice to be able to decap the brass dirty then wet clean it before it hits the Dillon press. My casefeeder and press are nice and clean during reloading.

3456.jpg

ergt.jpg

Awesome set up you have there . I have the smaller roll sizer which I should have got the bigger one but it gets the job done . I just had the primer station blow up a few primers on my 1100, I just filled the tube too. I’ve had nothing but problems with that presses priming system. I am just gonna use to now to process brass and load on my apex 10 . I never had any issues with the disc style priming on my apex or when I had XL650. 

IMG_7764.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Broke82 said:

Awesome set up you have there . I have the smaller roll sizer which I should have got the bigger one but it gets the job done . I just had the primer station blow up a few primers on my 1100, I just filled the tube too. I’ve had nothing but problems with that presses priming system. I am just gonna use to now to process brass and load on my apex 10 . I never had any issues with the disc style priming on my apex or when I had XL650. 

IMG_7764.jpeg

My Cp2000 has a primer pocket check stage. It will pick up a ringer and stop the machine. That will reak havoc on the RL1100 press, Cause the new primer to explode

43 minutes ago, Johnnymazz said:

Heres the checker

fhfhfh.jpg

I have the same set up just with mark 7 , there where no ringers in the shell when it happened . I think a primer must of flipped or got stuck as it was cycling and then ignited. I had this set up as a dedicated 9mm press , I just swap tool heads and process 9mm brass . I run  the swage sense and deprime sensor for those reasons. I normally use CCI primers but this time I was using federal 100 . Hopefully I won’t have this problem again. 

IMG_7770.jpeg