Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Century Arms Experience/Satisfaction with Rival Issues

hermes_actual

The Rival and Century Arms Service Experience  

11 members have voted

1. 1. I sent my Rival to Century for feeding/magazine-related issues. When I received the firearm from Century, my issue(s) was/were:

• Completely resolved.
    • Partially resolved. I had to send it back.
    • Partially resolved. I dealt with the unresolved issues myself.
    • Unresolved. I had to send it back.
    • Unresolved. I dealt with the unresolved issues myself.

I have two Rival-S Darksides which I shoot in USPSA. I use TF +4 mag extensions. Mods are: FS trigger, W42 guide rod, 15# Colt Commander recoil spring, Glock FPS plunger spring and have the split ring fix. I have about 4,000 rounds through each. From day one, on chambering a loaded magazine (147 gn RN 1.125 OAL), the bullet will get stuck on the feed ramp and require a tap on the back of the slide. Otherwise, I've had no issues until recently. One pistol has started to lock back on partially loaded mags. I contacted Century and requested replacement mag catches. They have asked that I send the pistol to them and are willing to look at the other as well. 

I'd like to know what experiences people have had with Century's service of problematic Rivals - especially mag/feeding related issues. Specifically, did Century resolve your issue(s)?

Edited by hermes_actual

I don't have any experiences with Century other than with my TP9SFx and they were great. However, with my Rival-S, I did have issues with chambering a round just as you described. I had the barrel reamed by Patriot Defense and the problem is gone... so far. Regarding the mag over-insertion, it doesn't happen to mine when I use the OEM aluminum basepads. With my TF +0 basepads, it does happen. I noticed that the magazine goes further in than the OEM one so I used the O-ring trick to fix that. Again, so far so good. I'll give an update if something happens. To be clear, though, I probably only have 2k through my Rival-S.

18 hours ago, hermes_actual said:

I have two Rival-S Darksides which I shoot in USPSA. I use TF +4 mag extensions. Mods are: FS trigger, W42 guide rod, 15# Colt Commander recoil spring, Glock FPS plunger spring and have the split ring fix. I have about 4,000 rounds through each. From day one, on chambering a loaded magazine (147 gn RN 1.125 OAL), the bullet will get stuck on the feed ramp and require a tap on the back of the slide. Otherwise, I've had no issues until recently. One pistol has started to lock back on partially loaded mags. I contacted Century and requested replacement mag catches. They have asked that I send the pistol to them and are willing to look at the other as well. 

I shoot 147gr. RN Plated up to 1.150 and never have a problem..  The only time i've ever had rounds getting stuck in my Rival's is with coated Bullets.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is back at Canik/Century now and unresolved.  I sent it in and they show it was received on 10/19 but I cannot get an answer as to when it will be fixed or what the status is despite checking in a few times.  At this point I have no idea when I will get my gun back.  My gun is a polymer Rival with about 1500 rounds on it and had the slide lock back on the mags during firing for the last 200ish rounds.

• shred locked this topic

Please keep in mind--

Brian's Forums is not the place to resolve customer service issues or disputes you may have with a manufacturer, dealer, gunsmith, or individual.

• shred unlocked this topic
On 1/9/2024 at 11:47 AM, jbell said:

Mine is back at Canik/Century now and unresolved.  I sent it in and they show it was received on 10/19 but I cannot get an answer as to when it will be fixed or what the status is despite checking in a few times.  At this point I have no idea when I will get my gun back.  My gun is a polymer Rival with about 1500 rounds on it and had the slide lock back on the mags during firing for the last 200ish rounds.

So you put a mag in and fire the gun and the slide locks back. Does it do it every round ?

4 hours ago, telligentgunner said:

This is my experience:

Sorry man. That is crazy they sent it back to you and it was still doing the exact same thing you sent it in for. 

I noticed you made the video 5 months ago. Did they replace it? Just curious what the outcome was.

• shred locked this topic