Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aim Point Latitude

RickT

Clubs use various items for marking the rimfire aim point.  I've seen whiskers only, small cones, buckets, and more official looking items ranging from 0 to 24" high.  Regardless of the height of the aim point I've had no problem with shooters at ready provided It appeared the point of aim to be no higher  than approximately 24" above the marker provided the azimuth was reasonable accurate.  I'm more concerned when the "direction" of aim wanders toward the draw plate.  The rules don't provide guidance in this specific instance.  How is this generally handled? (Edit: Tier 1 matches)

Edited by RickT

In 8.2.3:  The competitor, while waiting for the start signal, must be pointing/aiming their gun at the aiming point with their finger off the trigger and the finger outside of the trigger guard.

If I'm running the timer and I can see that they're not pointing at the flag, I just tell them to point at the flag. It almost always takes 2 or 3 corrections for the shooter to remember to point at the flag.  

59 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

How big is "minute of basketball"?  From the flag, how many inches high or to the left or right of the flag/cone/mark is acceptable?

A NBA regulation basketball is ~9.5" in diameter.  So, 4.75" in any direction of the middle of the aim point.

Edited by GKB