Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oil 22/45 Magazines?

RickT

Even after I clean my wife's Mamba-X mags and replace springs as necessary she is still experiencing slow feeding on occasion.  I've seen threads on other forums discussing using light oil on these mags.  Thoughts/experiences welcome.  At this point I'll try everything.  We use CCI mini-mags and try to keep this warmer during our matches in min-30's temps FWIW.

Tandemkross's video is the best source of information on tuning your magazines.  I have 30 magazines for my Black Mamba.  All but 3 work perfectly without using any oil.  Using Mini Mags helps.  Using Norma Tac 22s will lubricate your mags for a long time.

Keep them clean, run a brush down them occasionally and in the winter keep them warm.  I carry 6 for Steel Challenge on my belt.  I leave 12 in my shooting bag with a couple of disposable hand warmers.

I have not replaced the springs on my mags yet and they are at least 5 years old.

If you’re using bullets with a wax coating that is probably your problem. Wax is extremely difficult to remove. Heat is best way. WD40 does a pretty good job. Do a search to find other methods, but gun cleaners, alcohol, petroleum products have no effect.