Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aero Precision M4E1 Enhanced Assembled Upper Receiver

usmc1974

It seems that I have acquired one.  I don't know where I got it ( probably in some trading session along the way) so I built it on an 18-in Sanders armory national match heavy fluted barrel with R5 rifling in 6.5 Grendel.  it is a tap driver with my load 140 grain Hornady eld-m 28 grains of AA 2520 AOL of 2.275 (2293 fps) it is sub 1/2 to 3/4 MOA 5 round groups. I do agree the free float tube is pretty fat, I wouldn't want to use it for three gun or something like that. Still very cool gun.

IMG_20231210_122656664_HDR~3.jpg

A little thread de-rail.

Can someone explain to me why Aero precision seems to be the upper/lower dujour on other well known web sites?

The upper is not undersized like a BCM upper for a tighter fit. The Aero upper seems like plain vanilla to me.

Edited by fedupflyer

On 12/14/2023 at 12:35 PM, fedupflyer said:

A little thread de-rail.

Can someone explain to me why Aero precision seems to be the upper/lower dujour on other well known web sites?

The upper is not undersized like a BCM upper for a tighter fit. The Aero upper seems like plain vanilla to me.

I've got an M4E1 set, it's nice, and has kind of an "enhanced" billet look to it without the higher price. The only functional upgrades I can think of are the threaded pins that replace the typical roll pins and the tension screw that snugs the upper/lower interface up. Once installed the pin upgrade is irrelevant and most standard receiver sets I've got in the last few years are snug and rattle free without the tension screw. So it looks nice. I like it but haven't felt the need to buy another and am back to the BCM uppers now.

Just re-read the OP, and it's about the upper that interfaces with a specific handguard and is a sturdier mounting system that is less likely to impart directional force from load onto the handguard into the upper receiver. JP, Seekins and maybe a couple other companies have a similar system.

Edited by TonytheTiger