Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Affinity Programs

BDH

I was just out on the USPSA site, and was surprised to see how many new vendors have been added in the affinity program! This is a great thing for USPSA as it is largely 'free money' that helps USPSA programs. :D

Not sure what I'm talking about... well, it's pretty simple... instead of logging directly on to Amazon.com to buy that book, CD, DVD, tool, etc. (or any of a bunch of new sites that handle all kinds of things), instead you log on to the USPSA site... click the Amazon (or other site) button. You end up on the Amazon site... you buy what you were going to buy anyway... you don't pay a nickel more... and just by connecting through the USPSA site, a 'commission' is generated and paid to USPSA! :D:D:D

What's not to like about that? ;)

How much does USPSA get per transaction?

No idea, and not sure it really matters. After all, if you were going to buy something online anyway (and it doesn't cost you anything extra), who cares if USPSA gets $0.02 or $1M on the backend? I certainly don't.... IOW, I really see no downside to this (with the exception that I have to remember to connect through USPSA as opposed to going direct to the vendor).... ;)

How much does USPSA get per transaction?

It's typically in the single-digits of percentages, if not less. At least it was last I was involved with 'em, which was several years ago. Since it doesn't cost anything, it's worth doing anyway.

AMAZON.COM is the only one of the referral programs generating an interesting amount of revenue. The percentage varies by the item type and volume in any given month, however, the average comission for 2005 purchases to date is 5.67% for a total of $1057.38 on Amazon sales of $18,644.35

• 5 years later...