Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue dot for 10mm

Cowguy

I haven’t tried BD with light bullets but with 165 & 180’s I wasn’t impressed. Large flash and accuracy wasn’t that great. Honestly I didn’t continue with it as there were better choices, ie #9, Longshot. I have loaded some 155’s but mostly with medium powders like Silhouette ect. My Alliant manual shows BE96 as a higher vel choice than Blue Dot but I haven’t has a chance to try that to see. Sorry I’m not much help. 

I wonder if Blue Dot is like H110/296. It’s a real flame thrower until you keep increasing the charge. Once you reach the “magic” charge there’s virtually no flash and the cases come out of the gun cold and almost perfectly clean or slightly gray. I’ve never tried it with BD but I know a fellow that had a 357 mag load that was about a grain over max and would drive tacks. The shells would fall out of the cylinder and the primers were still slightly rounded, totally crazy. Whenever I have worked up a load with BD as I’ve approached max it seems to peak sort of quickly, unlike H110 so I have quit. I don’t know if the lot’s of BD are that much different or what but I do know that I’ve had some shotgun loads with it that I’ve had to slam the butt on the ground to eject the shell.  And that’s following the load data to the letter. 

Edited by Farmer
Sp

I used to load 9x25 Dillon with H110.  Some loads the cases came out so clean you'd think they were new inside and out.  Primer was flat though so lots of pressure, just a clean burn.

Never saw that with blue dot, but once I used up a couple pounds I went elsewhere.