Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armanov Spidergo Gen2 Grips

PA_USPSA

I have them in the S and M size. Great grips, color selection and build quality at a decent price.

I also have the Lok Brass grips in the normal and thin variant. Their grippiness is a little better than the Armanovs, but I like the shape of the Armanovs a lot more, so overall I prefer them.

0---CZ-(2).jpg

On 10/21/2023 at 4:03 PM, OPENB said:

The swell shape is great, the gripiness is lacking. They would be great if the golf ball pattern was more aggressive. 

Have you tried Patriot Defense aggressive grips? I picked up a set of their high swells. The aggressive texture is a hair too much but a light file makes them perfect IMO.

50 minutes ago, ColoradoNick said:

Have you tried Patriot Defense aggressive grips? I picked up a set of their high swells. The aggressive texture is a hair too much but a light file makes them perfect IMO.

I have not. I don't necessarily want "aggressive" grips, but not slippery. My favorite grips so far are the SSI Scales 2.0, the ones with the big holes cut out that look like a waffle pattern. The thickness and shape was perfect, and the holes allowed your hand to "sink" into them. I have 2 pairs in brass. SSI discontinued them, but came out with a grip in the same design, but made of a delrin-like polymer.

I've also tried the Boss Components G10 grips, Armonov large and small, and the stock blue and black aluminum grips. The Armonov's were the slipperiest. They are coated with a think paint that negates the golf ball pattern. The palm swell shape is nice though.

24 minutes ago, OPENB said:

The Armonov's were the slipperiest. They are coated with a think paint that negates the golf ball pattern. The palm swell shape is nice though.

My silver Armanovs are definitely way grippier than the stock grips. Maybe with "painted" ones, you lose a little bit of that grippiness.

4 hours ago, beastyboy said:

I have them in the S and M size. Great grips, color selection and build quality at a decent price.

I also have the Lok Brass grips in the normal and thin variant. Their grippiness is a little better than the Armanovs, but I like the shape of the Armanovs a lot more, so overall I prefer them.

0---CZ-(2).jpg

Where did you purchase your Armanov grips from?  I tried purchasing the grips from the Armanov USA website, but my credit card required use of a PIN due to security concerns (this is unusual for this credit card).  By the time I received the PIN, the Armanov website had timed out.  Are there any USA based distributors I could purchase them from?

9 hours ago, PA_USPSA said:

Where did you purchase your Armanov grips from?  I tried purchasing the grips from the Armanov USA website, but my credit card required use of a PIN due to security concerns (this is unusual for this credit card).  By the time I received the PIN, the Armanov website had timed out.  Are there any USA based distributors I could purchase them from?

I'm from Germany, which makes things easy for once since Armanov is also in Europe (in contrast getting US products is a pain for European shooters; think SRO for over a thousand dollars). I've bought from them both through ipscstore.com and directly through their website. There's also a dealer map that throws up this US dealer among others.

Edited by beastyboy

I’ve tried the Armanov Spidergo 2, Lok black brass, and aluminum Patriot Defense aggressive high palm swell. My favorite is the Spidergo. It’s texture is on par with the other but I greatly prefer the shape of the Spidergo. The Loks would be second and PD last.

My Spidergos are not painted. They are anodized from factory so they are grippy.

On 10/24/2023 at 6:22 AM, PA_USPSA said:

Thanks.  I received an email from Armanov.  The EU requires double authentication which is the problem.  I may need to purchase a different set of grips.

Weird, I buy from them without issue.

Surprisingly the stuff I buy from there gets here very fast.

Edited by FALAR

I ended up purchasing the Lok Brass palm swell grips in Black Cerakote.  I haven't shot the gun with them yet, but I really like the way they feel.  My support hand has a lot more to grip onto now.  The texture is aggressive but not punishing.  The brass also helps balance the gun.  I'm looking forward to trying them out at the range soon.

• 1 month later...

I shot the gun with the Lok Brass grips yesterday.  They helped a little bit when shooting with both hands but helped a lot when shooting strong hand or weak hand.  I believe this is because the gun is more balanced with the brass grips.  The texture was grippy but did not damage my hands at all.  Overall I'm very happy with the Lok Brass grips.