Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9MM 135 grain data

gadabout

Just loaded 20 135g JHP at 5.8g Power Pistol. I load 115g at 6.2 with 6.7 being max. I load 124 at the same as 6.3 is max and I load 147g at 5.0 max. I loaded the 135 sort of at what I think is close to max as all these are all light loads. Any thoughts on this? No data is available for the 135g. I will shoot the 20 I loaded tomorrow unless anyone has any real problem with my thinking.  Craig

I load to what gives me 130 PF or best accuracy. With E3 which is faster than PP I end up with:

147-2.8g

130-3.0g

124-3.2g

115-3.3-3.4g

These vary slightly depending on bullet and oal but the 130g are seated .015-.020 from the lands. All are light loads also. 

Edited by Farmer

Well shot the 20 rounds and it was a little light but very nice to shoot. I will try 6.0 grains of  powder but 5.8 I can live with. I do have a friend with a crony but he is ill so I try not to bother him with it. I really think I could go to 6.2 but don't want to rush it and will ladder up or maybe stay at 6.0 if it shoots well. Thanks for all the replies.  Craig

I loaded 135 gr xtreme plated with titegroup. 3.6 gr. @ 1.100 oal I was getting about 136 pf out of a cz tac sport. I have since reduced the powder charge to 3.4gr. I would like to get closer to 130 pf,if accuracy does not fall off. I have not shot them through the chronograph to check the speed. Accuracy seems to be good. I have some brass monkey 137 gr bullets. Loaded with 3.6 gr of titgroup they where 138 pf. I am planning on switching to sport pistol to find a load with those bullets.

• 2 weeks later...

OK the 135's are shooting great so I have moved on to 147g v-crown that I haven't been to in love with at 5.0g Power Pistol. This is Alliants max but was to light to work all slides. I went to 5.3 and it was a lot better. Feels just like the 135's. Well that'a it and I am off to the range!!!  Craig

• 1 month later...