Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Custom Customer Service Problems - Beware!!

jimFL77

I recently purchased a CZ P10F extended slide release from CZ Custom.  I tried installing it, and while the slide release fits into the frame, it does not allow the trigger to reset.  There is simply something too tight in there, and the trigger will not reset - it is simply stuck and the only way to unstick it, is to pull on the trigger to reset it.

I wrote CZ Custom, and they denied this ever being a problem.  They approved my request for return and now want to charge me 20% to refinish the product - for a product that does not work.  This is when I tried calling them, only to get the answering service for all four (4) of the phone connection options.

Why does it seem like no one at CZ Custom ever answers the phone?  From their automated machine, I've tried pressing all 4 options 1 through 4, and can never get connected to any live person whatsoever.

I have heard so highly of CZ Custom before, but with this type of customer service, I'm surprised they are still in business.  I will be waiting for an answer from them about the restocking fee on the faulty part, but I doubt I will be doing business with this company ever again.  I am so surprised as well - I've had such good luck with Cajun Gun Works having amazing customer service, and answering all of my questions.  I'd figure CZ Custom's customer service would be right up there with CGW as well just to keep up and stay in business.

I'll give an update when I hear back from CZ Custom.

-Jim

Dude

From the forum guidelines:

Rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, Colt, Brownell's, Dillon, or Match Staff - are NOT PERMITTED. Brian's Forums is not the place to resolve customer service issues or disputes you may have with a manufacturer, dealer, gunsmith, or individual.

I can tell you from several years of experience in this forum and with CZ, you are the single only person I have ever heard say a bad thing about CZ Custom. Just sayin…for what it is worth.  My guess it that when you find the problem you might consider pulling this post as it may be embarrassing to you in the future. 

6 minutes ago, usmc1977 said:

I can tell you from several years of experience in this forum and with CZ, you are the single only person I have ever heard say a bad thing about CZ Custom. Just sayin…for what it is worth.  My guess it that when you find the problem you might consider pulling this post as it may be embarrassing to you in the future. 

If what Sarge says is true, and we're not allowed to say anything bad about any manufacturers, it's no wonder you've never heard anything bad about CZC on this forum.

Say what you want, but the trigger doesn't reset.  Just because CZC may have been great in the past doesn't mean they are right now.  The odd thing is the Apex extended slide release which come stock with my P10F competition ready, and the stock CZ slide release from my p10c works just fine.  But for some reason the CZC extended release part does not. 

I'm not going to find a problem anymore, since I've already sent it back to them.  The ball is in their court on whether or not they give me a full refund for the part that doesn't work in my gun.

CZ Custom has never been anything but outstanding, helpful, and responsive to my questions in the many years I have been doing business with them.  I would never hesitate to continue to give them my business and/or recommend them as an outstanding supplier and service provider.   

2 hours ago, jimFL77 said:

If what Sarge says is true, and we're not allowed to say anything bad about any manufacturers, it's no wonder you've never heard anything bad about CZC on this forum.

If you had read the forum guidelines, this post would have never been made.

I strongly suggest reading those guidelines, now, before posting anything further, anywhere on the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

CZ Custom asked that they be allowed to reply to this closed thread.

I wanted to provide an update and thank the Moderators for letting me participate in the conversation.

We refunded our customer his full amount as we were able to refinish the part.  I would like to remind our friends and customers that due to variations in manufacturing tolerances all parts may need fitting, including "drop-in" parts.  That was the issue in this case.  We always recommend the use of a competent gunsmith if you have issues when installing/fitting parts to your pistol. 

We, at the CZ Custom Shop, work hard to provide excellent customer service to our customers.  We have a full showroom with retail sales along with our online website presence.  We do have a full time employee answering the phone daily.  If you can't get through to him most likely he is talking to a customer in the showroom or on the phone with a customer.  We are a small business and we strive to return calls/emails within the next business day. As a consumer myself I understand the frustration of not getting to talk to someone, but we do return every call and appreciate our growing customer base. 

I appreciate the opportunity to share this information, and appreciate the Brian Enos Forum for the years of Knowledge and Service to the Shooting Community Worldwide. 

If anyone needs to contact us for service, parts, or shipping inquiries please use info@czcustom.com.

You can also contact Stuart Wong at stuart@czcustom.com or myself at dougc@czcustom.com.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug Carden

Manager

CZ Custom Shop

110 E. Southern Avenue

Mesa, AZ  85210

(480) 969-1311

(480) 969-9687

czcustom.com

dougc@czcustom.com