Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Books In Brian's Store

Steelshooter3

Was looking at the books listed in Brian's store by Saul Kirsch, Steve Anderson, & Matt Burkett. I was wondering if any revolver shooters had read them and how much information was relative/helpful to the revolver shooter? I do not shoot IPSC but always looking for info that will make me a better revolver shooter. Thanks!

I haven't read Matt's book but his video will help you no matter what you are shooting. Get the first volume There is a lot of great information there.

Shooting is shooting. The only difference with a revolver is that the trigger pull is longer and a bit harder but you still have to do everything else right to make the shot. I have found that any book will help if you break it down to yoru specialty.

Was looking at the books listed in Brian's store by Saul Kirsch, Steve Anderson, & Matt Burkett. I was wondering if any revolver shooters had read them and how much information was relative/helpful to the revolver shooter? I do not shoot IPSC but always looking for info that will make me a better revolver shooter. Thanks!

hi,

I have both books from Saul Kirsch - very interesting, especially the second one, "thinking practical shooting". I found them very helpful. But as you wrote, that you are not the IPSC guy - I´m not sure, if they´re the right books for you - they´re very focused on practical shooting. Of course, there are lots of informations on technical details ("perfect practice") etc. But always in combination with the clear target to improve the individual performance in a IPSC match.

regards,

Sascha

hi,

I have both books from Saul Kirsch - very interesting, especially the second one, "thinking practical shooting". I found them very helpful. But as you wrote, that you are not the IPSC guy - I´m not sure, if they´re the right books for you - they´re very focused on practical shooting. Of course, there are lots of informations on technical details ("perfect practice") etc. But always in combination with the clear target to improve the individual performance in a IPSC match.

regards,

Sascha

I got value from Kirsch's second book, even though it isn't revolver specific. It is a synthesis of Enos' book and parts of others, very clearly written.

FWIW, there is a section on revolver shooting in BE's book (the old tymers will remember he won Bianchi with a revo (twice, I think) waaaay back when). It's not a large section, but there's also not a ton of auto-specific stuff either.

Brian's book will give you a lot of information and make you think.

I just finished Matt's book. Took about 2 hours to read and now I'll take a lot of time to let it sink in and do all the exercises.

Although it is written primarily for the auto there is so much good information that can easily be transfered to the revolver shooter. Matt gives you many examples of how to pick up speed in draw, target aquisition, movement, sight picture etc.

And he asks the important question which is basically (What are you willing to do to improve)?

You will have to live with the fact that some of the techniques described are "useless" to a revolver shooters (reloads for instance, or stage planning, trigger technique etc.). But there are more similarities between shooting auto's and revolvers. You'll definately learn stuff. Some stuff you have to figure out on your own, or with the help of this great place ;)

Shred - Have Brian's book. Was first pistol shooting book I purchased. Great book & makes a great gift for friends.

AZ shooter - So do you think that Matt's book brings additional info not included in the DVDs or basically summarizes them. Also if you could only purchase one to start with, which would it be the book or the DVDs.

Shred - Have Brian's book. Was first pistol shooting book I purchased. Great book & makes a great gift for friends.

AZ shooter - So do you think that Matt's book brings additional info not included in the DVDs or basically summarizes them. Also if you could only purchase one to start with, which would it be the book or the DVDs.

Duh, I missed that part. Anyway, I have Matt's book and some of his DVDs. While the book is useful, I'd go with the DVDs if you can only get one.

Steel

I shoot both guns auto & rev, I am more competative with a revolver on steel, ' just don't ask me to reload',,?Fast?.

Steve's book is good, I just got it Both are worth twice the $$ and Saul's book is good too.

I know that a rev. will help an Auto shooter get better. The Auto helps my revolver shooting too. = to a certain point, ,,

I am learning IPSC, and it is plenty of fun.

You have Brian's book If you understand the "Eye" work-ings you are on a good path,

If you could only get brian's book for $100.00 would you still buy it? I think your anser would be yes, well I would say the other books are worth $45.00

I hope that does not sound mean to Steve or Saul = I meen it as a compliment.

Get the books,? Steves first

Jamie Foote