Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No match talk?

rowdyb

Far, far more social media outlets aimed at the younger and a bit more tech savvy crowd than we had 15 yrs ago. Instead of starting a thread on a forum about their match or stages, it's simply more expedient and simple to have their best vid(s) thrown up on the Gram for friends and family to see.

Additionally, chat rooms, discord, Signal group chats etc are much more private places to talk about guns and shooting stuff, than a general forum open to anyone with a phone. Many people prefer that. 

:oldmanshakesfist

Videos and video-oriented social media platforms are addictive to kids, a chewing gum for the eyes and brain of sorts. But they don't provide any meaningful insight or discussion. It's like watching the scenes from an action movie and thinking it has value beyond entertainment. Watching runs of people at a match is boring, uninformative and with little to no value over any random video clip with kittens.

It's not that we are old for not jumping on the video-sharing platforms, it's that most of us have much more interesting lives than sitting in a basement with no friends and stimulating brain with random audio and video inputs. 

The solution is simple - anyone at a major match, just start a conversation. Those who were there will join, those who weren't can participate in any discussion about rules or stage designs. 

I'd be interested in trying it, more so if it was a match multiple forum members could contribute to the discussion as well.

Maybe let us practice at a local match before doing live at something big?

If I'm taking point on creating some content, here is what I have coming up

Arkansas USPSA Section Sept  23rd 

USPSA Handgun Nationals Oct 6-8

IDPA Come and Take It Shoot Out Nov 11