Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nitro Fin 2.0 vs Atlas Thumb Rest Slide Stop

Kevrend

Interested in putting one of these in my Prodigy. The Nitro Fin 2.0 is in stock in black but I prefer the aesthetic of the Atlas. Anyone ran both and have a preference? Function over form, but if I can get both in one package, that’s great. 

Take a look at the phoenix trinity as well.

I'm picking up mine today from UPS. They have been out of stock so i messaged PT a few months ago. Last week they called me asking if i still wanted one and after i said yes, they sent me an invoice for one. Excited to try it since it looks a little closer to my personal preference for grip angles versus the nitro

20 hours ago, VeilAndrew said:

Yeah I tried the atlas too, and it felt OK. I'm assuming the PT will be the same until Tevo releases one, since that's my preference on any gun that can use one of his thumb rests.

I was planning to buy one of the Odin Armory rests as it’s similar, but do you know if Tevo is going to release a slide stop version for 2011s? I know he has a frame mounted one

https://odinarmory.com/shop/ols/products/1911-2011-folding-thumb-rest-pre-order

On 8/19/2023 at 9:15 AM, whan said:

I was planning to buy one of the Odin Armory rests as it’s similar, but do you know if Tevo is going to release a slide stop version for 2011s? I know he has a frame mounted one

https://odinarmory.com/shop/ols/products/1911-2011-folding-thumb-rest-pre-order

I think the nearly $200 is a little nuts for the Odins, but they do look neat. I saw that HumbleMarksman did a youtube video about them.

I've talked to Tevo on instagram, and he said he is planning to since he's personally shooting Limited Optics as well. In terms of timeline, he shared "It's slated for fall of this year. We had other commitments and wanted to see what USPSA was doing with the division. But it's coming. Personally going to be shooting this division so I'm, like you, pushing myself to hurry up!"

I'm happy with the phoenix trinity for the time being, but looking forward to the Tevo. He's definitely my preference in terms of thumb rests.

5 hours ago, VeilAndrew said:

I think the nearly $200 is a little nuts for the Odins, but they do look neat. I saw that HumbleMarksman did a youtube video about them.

I've talked to Tevo on instagram, and he said he is planning to since he's personally shooting Limited Optics as well. In terms of timeline, he shared "It's slated for fall of this year. We had other commitments and wanted to see what USPSA was doing with the division. But it's coming. Personally going to be shooting this division so I'm, like you, pushing myself to hurry up!"

I'm happy with the phoenix trinity for the time being, but looking forward to the Tevo. He's definitely my preference in terms of thumb rests.

Perfect - my build slot is probably early next year, so that’s plenty of time for me haha

31 minutes ago, whan said:

Perfect - my build slot is probably early next year, so that’s plenty of time for me haha

I asked him for some more info and an update today since my above update was from June.

He informed me that they will feel very similar to the thumb rest he has available for the Shadow 2 and he has been playing with different manufacturing processes because he wants it to be cost effective and easy to get into!

Very exciting.

15 minutes ago, VeilAndrew said:

I asked him for some more info and an update today since my above update was from June.

He informed me that they will feel very similar to the thumb rest he has available for the Shadow 2 and he has been playing with different manufacturing processes because he wants it to be cost effective and easy to get into!

Very exciting.

Exciting indeed - have one on my Tanfo and really like it

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, new here first post but I wanted to chime in on this.

I have 3 different thumb rests and each have their own issues.  First is the Bul Armory, it is a slide lock style like the Nitro Fin.  I also have the EEMAN.  While the Bul is convex rather than concave like the EEMAN I am not much of a thumbs forward shooter on 1911/2011s.  The EEMAN will also lock the slide back which I dont like, the Bul wont.  About a month ago I got the Odin Armory and I like the feel a lot better.  Much more of a high ride for the thumb and it’s easier for me to repeat the grip on draw and reloads.  

The issue I had with the Odin is that unless you trim down the upper back corner it will interfere with an optic/optic plate on a 1911/2011.  You have to do a bit of rounding in order for the plate to clear and the gun to go into battery.  Also if you put pressure on the top of the plate it will cause the slide to lock back during the cycle.  Small file fixed that however if you use pressure on the top of the plate you can still cause the slide to drag resulting in feeding issues.  Cost me almost 5 seconds on a stage last weekend because it resulted in a stove pipe and clearing that I ended up with a double feed.  

Currently I am running it on a Bul Armory Tac 5.  I have a MPA on order that should show up soon but I didn’t want to compete all season including a major with a M17 which was my only other option for LO.

I am looking for a workable solution for my situation.  I am told that with a railed gun the frame is too thin to drill for a frame mount but I dont want to keep dealing with the slide issues of the Odin.  Does anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks 

To some extent, I think it's just the design of the slidelock thumb rests more broadly that can cause the slides to lock back under pressure. I have one on my Tanfo from Tevo, and it did the same thing. I just ended up filing off the catch fully to disable it.