Climbhard

2011 Limited Optics Poll  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Best design for 2011 L/O gun. Assume plastic grip

• 5" Bull Barrel Butler Cut Lightened Slide
    • 5" Bushing Barrel / full length dust cover & Lightened Slide
    • 4.25" Bull Barrel
    • Any of the above with a steel grip

Just randomly saw that Cheely had a few L2 aluminum grips for sale, so hit order on an aggressive L2 aluminum. 

Hoping the aggressive texture isn't too sharp - I'm not super sensitive but also don't have super rough hands either. Also hoping I like the L2 profile, as I do find the traditional 1911 / STI 2011 flat backstrap profiles lock into my hand well

5 hours ago, whan said:

Just randomly saw that Cheely had a few L2 aluminum grips for sale, so hit order on an aggressive L2 aluminum. 

Hoping the aggressive texture isn't too sharp - I'm not super sensitive but also don't have super rough hands either. Also hoping I like the L2 profile, as I do find the traditional 1911 / STI 2011 flat backstrap profiles lock into my hand well

you will like it just fine.

• 1 month later...

I recall Schumann (the inventor as I recall) saying it was best for Iron sights as the sight doesn't track back and forth, making it easier to stay focused there.   I'm dating myself, but I have a Caspian / Schumann flyer from the 90"s touting the advantage.   No one uses sight focus at the hoser distances we see now,  so other than popple holes or the cool factor what is the need?

I dont know if there is any advantage, or how much of one there is, with the lighter slide reciprocating on an Island barrel  limited Optics gun.