Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM elite guide rod.

Joe4d

5.25" Elite model,, so will an after market one piece work or not ? 
At Springer precision if you click on XDM springs there is a note that says the elite needs one of their guide rods,, click there and of course out of stock,, but it says its for a XDM (non elite)  Other webpages that sell guide rods say XDM Elites use a captured system and they wont work.. Looking for a solid guide rod for 1911 or XDM springs. As will be shooting prettu light loads

I have been very pleased with the stock guide rod in the 5.25 Elite.  It shoots 109PF ammo so for me one less thing to spend my money one.  The gun is stock.

Edited by WxGuy

Good to know. Will be a steel challenge gun so would be shooting around that PF eventually if I ever unpack my reloading gear.   Although with prices of components vs bulk 9mm kinda wondering why bother.. Just ordered a case of remington 147 will see how that runs

Springer has a black one piece guide rod in stock....stainless is out of stock at this time.

Purchased one for my 5.25 Elite (in stainless) a while back with standard spring...works great.

1 hour ago, Batmo said:

Springer has a black one piece guide rod in stock....stainless is out of stock at this time.

Purchased one for my 5.25 Elite (in stainless) a while back with standard spring...works great.

thanks

The rods for my 4.5 9mm XDM and my 5.25 10mm are both the same and so are the springs. I can’t see any difference between the XDM & XDME as far as the older guide rod not fitting. Could just get a stock one from SA and a spring kit if you want to fine tune. As WxGuy stated they Do work with a wide velocity range.

• 3 weeks later...