Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your DWX setup and images

eerw

This has been our shop gun ( CZ Custom)  that we have been trying different things out on.

its not setup for anything in particular except to see how to do some operations.

So set with simple compensator port. slide lightening, optic cut, trigger job, magwell, etc.

CZCDWXSHOTBronze_DSC5448forum.thumb.jpg.67cd5917d7389af353d3de63d87c1ac3.jpg

Here's another that we milled for a rear sight plate to allow for irons with the optic.

DWXSROBUIS_DSC5299forum.jpg.2fd1c482cdfa275a4f95a7fc6068fe7b.jpg

Edited by eerw

1 hour ago, eerw said:

This has been our shop gun ( CZ Custom)  that we have been trying different things out on.

its not setup for anything in particular except to see how to do some operations.

So set with simple compensator port. slide lightening, optic cut, trigger job, magwell, etc.

Here's another that we milled for a rear sight plate to allow for irons with the optic.

Did you guys make a custom DWX magwell or use a TS one? Is this one for sale yet if it's a custom part? What about mag extensions/compatability? Any DWX's available for sale at the shop right now? Thanks Stuart! 

Edited by moose97

2 minutes ago, moose97 said:

Did you guys make a custom DWX magwell or use a TS one? Is this one for sale yet if it's a custom part? What about mag extensions/compatability? Any DWX's available for sale at the shop right now? Thanks Stuart! 

its in process. this is the prototype and its with our CNC guys to make it and basepads. not ready yet.    we our out of our initial supply, we have more on order, but CZ says it will be awhile.

24 minutes ago, eerw said:

its in process. this is the prototype and its with our CNC guys to make it and basepads. not ready yet.    we our out of our initial supply, we have more on order, but CZ says it will be awhile.

Thanks

41 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Stuart is there room in the frame to drill and tap for a thumbrest without add any issues ?

Looking at the frame. should be able to do it.

-Anyone try to fit one yet??

Patriot defense aggressive grips trimmed for a Floyd Custom (TS) magwell. Alignment is perfect. Works great with both Henning extensions and +2 factory extensions. With MBX springs/followers I easily get 24 reloadable with Henning and 23 reloadable with the factory +2’s. Does not work with factory DWX base pads. Also had the barrel reamed for my reloads- RMR 124 MW’s at 1.10. EGW ignition kit with 19lb spring and lightened hammer for a 2lb trigger pull. 11lb glock recoil spring. Waiting on a short trigger from DW to experiment with. Slide was milled by Stonebridge gunworks. My plan is to start shooting LO with it this fall after I hopefully make Master in CO.

Anyone have an opinion on competition holsters? I was looking at GX but the wait is crazy… Anything better than RHT?

894279B7-A015-45E8-9FB9-37863321F183.jpeg

Edited by ColoradoNick

Shot my DWX against a stock Staccato P today and it made me like the DWX that much better. Flat trigger, trigger (EGW kit) was way lighter, and the reset was shorter. The staccato still felt a little top heavy to me also. Both guns were pretty new. My DWX has about 400 and the P had less than 1000.

On 7/5/2023 at 11:42 AM, eerw said:

What's the cost to do the milling like the bottom and have irons too? I am hesitant to mill because there is no going back to iron sights after that with the other millings i've seen.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Can’t believe your the only one out there with a DWX ready for LO. 
Maybe most people just want the gun and not to use it in competition ?

if I ever could find one local to check out I may have one set up for LO also. 

Hah i agree! I think it’s a pretty affordable option compared to the 2011’s and so many people shooting shadow 2’s it’s a pretty easy transition to make. 

• 2 weeks later...

What are you guys doing for grip's with the magwell?

I had been looking at Lok Grips, since I've used them before, but was told this:

The DWX uses a 1911 thread but it's an odd length. So, our CZ screws will not work(different thread).

Right now, you will need to either use your stock screws and modify our grips to work with them or use full size 1911 screws with our CZ O-rings. If you use 1911 full size screws, there won't be much screw in contact with the grip since our screw holes are tapered instead of flat. The O-ring would hopefully fill most of this gap, but I recommend also using threadlocker.
Again, this is not the ideal combination, and I would not necessarily recommend it. It's just what works with our grips at the moment.

I'd prefer not to cross thread using these, but wondering what solution has worked for y'all.

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2023 at 12:42 PM, eerw said:

Ooooo what magazine release is that on the DWX?!

On 8/5/2023 at 3:05 PM, sundevil827 said:

What are you guys doing for grip's with the magwell?

I had been looking at Lok Grips, since I've used them before, but was told this:

I'd prefer not to cross thread using these, but wondering what solution has worked for y'all.

Check out the last few posts of the Mother thread. 

• 6 months later...