Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17 10rd mag problem

Squirrel45

I have disassembled the mag no issues that I can see. I ran a mag brush through everything looks fine. I was unable to see any points of catching. Are there better followers out there ? Really don't need this crappin out on me again. 

Thanks for the help 

Edited by Squirrel45

I don’t believe there are better followers. Why don’t you switch followers with another mag and see if the second mag has the same problem? If it does, then just replace the bad follower with a new one. 

3 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

I have disassembled the mag no issues that I can see. I ran a mag brush through everything looks fine. I was unable to see any points of catching. Are there better followers out there ? Really don't need this crappin out me again. 

Thanks for the help 

The good news is that Glock mags are reasonably priced. If you have 1 mag that’s acting up, I’d toss it in the spare parts bin and buy 3 more new ones, and not give it another thought…

• 2 weeks later...

Basically 10 round Glock mags suck. Do you live in a restricted state? The usual fix is to leave them loaded at 10 rounds for a few weeks. You don't need a 10 round only mag for competition, but some Divisions restrict mag capacity to 10 rounds.