Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reached limit on RDS elevation - now what?

Zahnarzt

I was sighting in a Holosun 407K that I purchased recently. Have it direct mounted to my Sig P365 X Macro. The optic initially started out low and left by a fairly significant amount. As I was adjusting to sight in, I reached the limit of the elevation adjustment. So what are my options at this point?

9 minutes ago, Zahnarzt said:

I was sighting in a Holosun 407K that I purchased recently. Have it direct mounted to my Sig P365 X Macro. The optic initially started out low and left by a fairly significant amount. As I was adjusting to sight in, I reached the limit of the elevation adjustment. So what are my options at this point?

Send it back for warranty. I’ve seen this better on holosun optics. It’s just Defective. 

12 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

Was the slide milled for this scope ? Does it have an incline that matches the barrel ?

The X Macro is factory milled for this sight cut, at least mine is.

13 hours ago, Zahnarzt said:

You could try shimming up the sight in the cut. I've used an aluminum can that I cut a small piece from to shim up an optic. Hillbilly, but it worked.

On 6/17/2023 at 6:58 AM, Zahnarzt said:

Appreciate all the responses.  Will try that elevation adjustment to both limits and give the plastic shims a look. 

Don’t plastic shim it. Holosun Will warranty the defective sight.