Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Milled Rival

GigG

On 5/10/2023 at 11:28 AM, TheChef1 said:

I doubt you be able to re-mill the gun. its already pretty  deep in the slide.

That's what I was thinking. I guess what we need is a thinner plate.

7 minutes ago, GigG said:

Why would you need a thinner plate?

Open guns all have much higher dot over bore than any slide mounted and its a non issue there.

The lower the better.  Low mount is one of the reasons that milled guns are popular.  And there are many open guns with the dot sitting sideways in order to get it lower.

And on a frame mount it lower the center of gravity. Not a lot but some.

Edited by GigG

7 hours ago, GigG said:

The lower the better.  Low mount is one of the reasons that milled guns are popular.  And there are many open guns with the dot sitting sideways in order to get it lower.

And on a frame mount it lower the center of gravity. Not a lot but some.

Yeah I use the plate from disruptivedefense for my SRO it sits much lower. 

17 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

Yeah I use the plate from disruptivedefense for my SRO it sits much lower. 

That will have to do.  And I'll have to wait because it is on backorder.

Have you used their Stainless Steel Billet Magazine Catch?

19 hours ago, GigG said:

That will have to do.  And I'll have to wait because it is on backorder.

Have you used their Stainless Steel Billet Magazine Catch?

Which dot are you running? I had to wait a long time for a second SRO plate to be available. I ended up just buying two because I knew I’d be getting the steel soon. Shoot him a DM on Instagram and he should be able to give you an ETA. 

I actually just installed one of his mag releases a few days ago. 

On 5/11/2023 at 12:00 PM, GigG said:

That is what is so great about the smith and Wesson M&P2.0 Metal The plates are so thin!!! It is like the slide is already mold for the red.

On 5/13/2023 at 10:46 AM, TheChef1 said:

Which dot are you running?

SRO

On 5/13/2023 at 10:46 AM, TheChef1 said:

I actually just installed one of his mag releases a few days ago. 

Do you like it so far?

2 minutes ago, GigG said:

SRO

Do you like it so far?

The RMR footprint ones always seem to be out of stock.

for the mag release. I do like it but it’s not really any better than a stock rival one. I got it for 2 reasons. I wanted to try to tool they make for flipping the mag release. I’m a lefty so have to flip all mine and it’s a huge f*#king pain. It was $15 for the tool or $40 for the mag release and the tool. I have one can for home defense that doesn’t have a the ability to screw in different size mag releases so I just upgraded that one and got my tool. Seemed like the smart thing to do. 

I wouldn’t spend the money to change it out if I already had a rival style mag release though. 

1 minute ago, TheChef1 said:

The RMR footprint ones always seem to be out of stock.

for the mag release. I do like it but it’s not really any better than a stock rival one. I got it for 2 reasons. I wanted to try to tool they make for flipping the mag release. I’m a lefty so have to flip all mine and it’s a huge f*#king pain. It was $15 for the tool or $40 for the mag release and the tool. I have one can for home defense that doesn’t have a the ability to screw in different size mag releases so I just upgraded that one and got my tool. Seemed like the smart thing to do. 

I wouldn’t spend the money to change it out if I already had a rival style mag release though. 

I've never removed the Mag release on my Canik.  Is it metal or plastic?  If plastic sooner or later those metal mags are going to wear it. 

I do want the extended release button. I assume it also fits the stock release,

25 minutes ago, GigG said:

I've never removed the Mag release on my Canik.  Is it metal or plastic?  If plastic sooner or later those metal mags are going to wear it. 

I do want the extended release button. I assume it also fits the stock release,

The factory release is metal. I believe aluminum. It’s a nightmare to get back in especially on the steel. I highly recommend not removing it unless you really HAVE to. I use the Taylor freelance extended button on the factory release and it works great.

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Jeff O said:

Can't seem to find out how to contact them.

Jeff message Brandon on instagram he should get back to you quickly. the website is www.disdef.com

13 hours ago, RedDotsOnly said:

Do you happen to know if this is the only company really making these for the Rival? Or just the one of many that you went with?

They are the only one I know of.

17 minutes ago, TheChef1 said:

Jeff message Brandon on instagram he should get back to you quickly. the website is www.disdef.com

They are the only one I know of.

Found the website, out of stock.

54 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

Found the website, out of stock.

Thats the  biggest issue with them. good product but he jut cannot seem to keep them in stock. I got lucky when I bought one for my first grey rival and it was in stock. When I bought my second black one (from you) I had to wait at least a month maybe 2 before he stocked back up. I bought an extra one just in case that time around. Lucky I did because I wound up needed it and they were out of stock again. It is a great product but he needs to figure out how to keep it in stock. 

On 5/11/2023 at 1:09 PM, MikeBurgess said:

Why would you need a thinner plate?

Open guns all have much higher dot over bore than any slide mounted and its a non issue there.

Hahahaha.. I say the same thing. These guys pull their hair out to lower the dot a few millimeters..