Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bullet stuck in throat

tomjerry1

43 minutes ago, tomjerry1 said:

Okay guys, stop teasing me with a different cylinder/bullet? Let me get this 9mm stuff figured out. I got some 160gr Blue Bullets, want to work a load and am looking to see what you all are having luck with. Right now, I have a 147gr Blue Bullet at 1.17 oal, Crimped to .177, Federal SPP, 3.3gr Vectan 9.5(about the same as VV 320), PF 128. 

Forgot, the bullets are 38/357

Kinda surprised how many folks use 160's in 9mm revolvers. Whats the 929's twist rate compared to typical auto ? My googlefoo is weak today. At sub 130 pf I have had some autoloaders that tumbled 147's. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

Kinda surprised how many folks use 160's in 9mm revolvers. Whats the 929's twist rate compared to typical auto ? My googlefoo is weak today. At sub 130 pf I have had some autoloaders that tumbled 147's. 

The barrel in my 929 is exactly the same as the barrel in my 627, both of them slugged at .357

17 minutes ago, tomjerry1 said:

I believe it is a 1/10 twist rate.

then that would make it not the same as a 357 barrel, which are much slower ,, 16-18 IIRC

10 hours ago, Joe4d said:

then that would make it not the same as a 357 barrel, which are much slower ,, 16-18 IIRC

JD:

There was a discussion or two about this.  The barrels are both .357 but the factory barrels have a 1/16 or 1/18 twist as you mentioned.

Apparently the aftermarket barrels are 1/10.  At least that is what guys say here who have them.

GG

Edited by gargoil66