Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II Optic Sear One-Piece or Two-Piece?

I think it's the one-piece.  It is on the Stock Master these days.  Springs and polishing will get you an ok to decent trigger; if you want to go beyond that, then it's hammers, discos, plungers and such.

1 hour ago, shred said:

I think it's the one-piece.  It is on the Stock Master these days.  Springs and polishing will get you an ok to decent trigger; if you want to go beyond that, then it's hammers, discos, plungers and such.

Gotcha, appreciate it! Wasn’t sure if they phased out the two piece sears in new IFG production, now I know!

My SM still has 2 piece sear. To my knowledge only the Extreme variants get the one piece. My S3 has everything done that you can do to it, polishing, springs, hammer etc.  SM is stock with the exception of a 14lb hammer spring and is better in every way except reset.

From my experience and knowledge, the xtreme models and limited pro are the only ones with one piece sear. Who knows what the newer guns come with.

Tons of threads about getting these guns race ready. What are you looking for in trigger job? You want to go all out and replace everything for best trigger possible? Want to just swap sear, springs and be good enough? Most important thing is to do a hardcore polish job of everything first.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2tf_jmfLzq0

3 hours ago, shred said:

FWIW, SM delivered 2 weeks ago (K 2023 at end of model on box label) had a 1pc. 

Good to know. I have one from when they were first released and it has a 2 piece sear. 

• 5 months later...