Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One hand shooting

FRodshoot

Is it possible during a stage to shift from both hands to one hand ( weak or strong) even if the stage doesn't mandate it?
I am about to start competing and since I feel comfortable shooting with both hands, there are some angles during the stage that I choose to just use one hand shooting in order to be more comfortable.
Is it possible? Do I go according with the rules?
Thank you.

Thank you again.

To Mr Perttime I thank you for your reply.

Although I I wasn't referring to a situation in which I am forced to use only one hand because of the stage or the rules impose. 

My question is to a stage in which I can use both hands but in some occasions due to angles I choose to shift to only one hand shooting ( weak or strong). 

Thank you.

How you shoot is "freestyle", within safety rules, unless otherwise specified.

Most find that shooting two-handed is more efficient, even in a slightly difficult position. But you can use one hand if you want to.

At the match I shot this weekend (Bluegrass LOCAP Classic), there was 1 stage that “required” shooting 1 handed without the stage brief actually requiring it, and 1 stage where some shooters considered it. 

Stage 3 had a port that you had to pull a rope to keep it open. Everyone I saw grabbed the rope with their weak hand and shot the 3 targets through the port strong hand only. You could’ve grabbed the rope and somehow still shot 2 handed, but it would’ve been more awkward. 

Stage 2 had a close target with a hard lean that most people ended on. While many people shot it 2 handed while off balance, it would’ve been very reasonable to shoot one handed for someone worried about falling if they leaned that far. 

From a rules perspective, the only time which hand(s) you use is restricted is when the WSB specifically says Strong Hand Only or Weak Hand Only.