Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tandemkross or Volquartsen

I'm looking for the pros and cons of the VQ Scorpion X, Black Mamba TF and TK TANDEMIZED RUGER® MARK IV™ 22/45™ RACE GUN all in 4.5 inch.

I've been shooting SC for a while and am looking to pick one of these 3 up. Disassembly ease and mag cleaning is important to me.

I would like to get the best bang for the buck but understand you get what you pay for.

Hi, I had a Scorpion that always ran and sold it for a Ruger 22/45 Light all souped up with Tandemkross and Volquartsen parts. Gun was never reliable. Two local gunsmiths and Volquartsen were unable to make it run reliably. Trigger pull, also, was never great. Purchased a used Scorpion, runs all day long with a great trigger. Highly recommend a complete Volquartsen pistol for the most bang for your buck. Hope this helps. 

EA79AD7C-65FA-4548-A36F-019037DC8E5A.jpeg

Edited by dapribek
Photo added.

The scorpionX has the new barrel which is drilled and tapped for most of the popular red dot sights. This brings the dots to the lowest possible orientation to the bore. Mounts are not needed, as the optic is attached directly to the barrel. Another point is you can purchase the barrel only and mount it to your MKII or MKIII frame.

On 3/8/2023 at 6:31 AM, rooster said:

The scorpionX has the new barrel which is drilled and tapped for most of the popular red dot sights. This brings the dots to the lowest possible orientation to the bore. Mounts are not needed, as the optic is attached directly to the barrel. Another point is you can purchase the barrel only and mount it to your MKII or MKIII frame.

Thanks for the info.

• 3 months later...
On 3/5/2023 at 5:04 PM, George16 said:

I second @dapribek suggestion of a Volquartsen pistol. I have a 6” black mamba and it’s a dream to shoot with.

Sorry I'm late to this thread. Iv run a black mamba for about a year and half in SC. I have no issues whatsoever, it's accurate with everything from sub sonic to HV. I have shot the Tandemkross 22/45 while it's a nice gun the volquartson in my opinion is a better option.