Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO with SRO

CC3D

I just mounted the EGW plate for a Burris FF3 on my TS today. The EGW needed a little filing to fit in the dovetail. I still needed an arbor press to get it in. The EGW sits pretty low. I'll sight it in tomorrow. 

12 hours ago, ohsevenflhx said:

I just mounted the EGW plate for a Burris FF3 on my TS today. The EGW needed a little filing to fit in the dovetail. I still needed an arbor press to get it in. The EGW sits pretty low. I'll sight it in tomorrow. 

Let us know how it works out!

I put 200 rounds through it this morning. Everything went well. No problems with the plate or the Burris FF3. I normally use Trijicon SRO red dot but I'm experimenting with my TS that been sitting in the gun safe for 3 years. The Burris FF3 has been in the box for 2 years also. The EGW plate was 49.99. Playing with Provisional Limited Optics in 40S&W. 

13 hours ago, ohsevenflhx said:

Did you just need to file fit the 60° cut on the adapter.  I started to test fit mine and it will need fitted a little 

I filed the flat part of the dovetail until it slid in about 1/3 to 1/2 way then I pressed it in the rest of the way with my arbor press. I started the plate from the left side of the slide, if it makes a difference I don't know.

51 minutes ago, asierra350 said:

Neomet, who did your slide cuts?

CZC per his post. Seems to be the best option

7 hours ago, Neomet said:

SRO on an original TS from CZC. 

Any issues with the set up? 

Sorry, I was unclear there. The TS was from CZC. The slide and dustcover cuts were from a guy who is out of business now. Springer Precision did the optics cut/plate for the SRO. Just got it back from Springer and it has worked fantastic the one time I was able to get to the range. More rounds needed down the pipe to give a reliability report but Springer's stuff has always been top notch in my experience. 

12 hours ago, Neomet said:

Sorry, I was unclear there. The TS was from CZC. The slide and dustcover cuts were from a guy who is out of business now. Springer Precision did the optics cut/plate for the SRO. Just got it back from Springer and it has worked fantastic the one time I was able to get to the range. More rounds needed down the pipe to give a reliability report but Springer's stuff has always been top notch in my experience. 

Ah I misread your post, my bad. 

1 hour ago, asierra350 said:

Ok thanks, I’m trying to find someone to do some slide panel/lightening cuts on a gen 1 TSO

CGW will do them as far as I know, patriot defense will do a top window as well. 

• 1 month later...