Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Factory OWB competition holster for Glock 17 with SRO & BROS

Zorfunk

It’s probably harder to find holster that wont work with that configuration. Basically any holster that doesn’t cover the back of slide will work. If it does, it’s only a Dremel away from fitting.

Edited by tt350z

4 hours ago, Zorfunk said:

That’s what I thought going into it, but I’ve tried a number of holsters and they don’t fit (BOSS, Comptac international, Bladetech signature).

I’d prefer not to dremel if there’s a factory option.

Where are they binding up on the holster?

On 2/19/2023 at 6:05 AM, Cuz said:

Have you looked at the CompTac International?  That doesn’t appear to touch anywhere near the optic. 

Yep, that’s my go to. The problem is, on a glock, the SRO sits really far forward and is wider than the slide, especially with the BROS on it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 1:29 PM, GigG said:

So many out there. Any comp holster shouldn't mess with the SRO or the BROS.

Here's what I use.

https://www.blackscorpiongear.com/products/pro-competition-holster-glock-17-19-22

The bros is a lot bigger and goes over the ejection port and is wider than the slide. I’ve tried many of them and they don’t fit. I had to remove a chunk of the front on a BladeTech signature to get it to work.

A lot of folks say there’s so many out there, but they’ve never tried with a BROS. That’s why I started this thread.

Edited by Zorfunk
Added context.

On 2/20/2023 at 8:29 AM, Cuz said:

I just checked mine and my kids holsters, we have BladeTech Classic's, and I don't see how it won't work.  These pics are of my Gen5 G34 MOS with SRO attached.  How much bigger is the BROS???

G34_SRO_Left.jpg

G34_SRO_Right.jpg

The bros is a lot bigger and rubs at the top right corner of your picture. I modified a BladeTech signature, but can give a classic a try. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Zorfunk said:

The bros is a lot bigger and rubs at the top right corner of your picture. I modified a BladeTech signature, but can give a classic a try. Thanks.

So now I have to ask the question, why the heck do you need a BROS?  It seems like a worthless piece of equipment to protect a red dot that doesn’t need it. The SRO is a Competition optic. If it breaks, Trijicon will fix it. There’s no reason to try and protect it with a BROS. It just doesn’t make sense. 

3 minutes ago, Cuz said:

So now I have to ask the question, why the heck do you need a BROS?  It seems like a worthless piece of equipment to protect a red dot that doesn’t need it. The SRO is a Competition optic. If it breaks, Trijicon will fix it. There’s no reason to try and protect it with a BROS. It just doesn’t make sense. 

It makes a ton of sense. Have you ever cracked an Sro? They ABSOLUTELY need it. They’re very fragile. Me and friends have cracked them with little effort.

Edited by Zorfunk

If a competition holster has so much coverage where a Bros doesn’t fit, is it even a competition holster?

You believe a Bros is so huge it’s gonna make contact with my competition holster?
dCl1ViV.jpg

NZwxjnI.jpg

The SRO protrudes past the ejection port on my P320. Not a competition holster but there’s still a ton of space. SRO’s on Glock sit even further back.

TqLIzwN.jpg

Edited by tt350z

8 hours ago, Zorfunk said:

It makes a ton of sense. Have you ever cracked an Sro? They ABSOLUTELY need it. They’re very fragile. Me and friends have cracked them with little effort.

My bad, I guess I thought they were more durable. Now I feel like I need one!!

8 hours ago, tt350z said:

If a competition holster has so much coverage where a Bros doesn’t fit, is it even a competition holster?

You believe a Bros is so huge it’s gonna make contact with my competition holster?
dCl1ViV.jpg

NZwxjnI.jpg

The SRO protrudes past the ejection port on my P320. Not a competition holster but there’s still a ton of space. SRO’s on Glock sit even further back.

TqLIzwN.jpg

Thank you for the pics. Glock geometry is a lot different than your CZ or Sig. It sits lower in the holster and the front corner of the BROS rubs.

I’ve literally tried 3 of the most popular USPSA carry optics legal holsters for a Glock 17 (Comp-tac International, BladeTech Signature, and Ben Stoeger Unicorn. None of them fit without dremeling and why I started this thread.

I appreciate everyone’s input, but a lot of folks without direct experience are making assumptions.

Edited by Zorfunk
Spelling

Comparing the BladeTech signature and classic posted above, it looks like the classic is cut lower (below the slide release).

It should provide enough clearance for the BROS. I just ordered one and will keep this thread updated if it fits. Thanks all.

1 hour ago, Zorfunk said:

Thank you for the pics. Glock geometry is a lot different than your CZ or Sig. It sits lower in the holster and the front corner of the BROS rubs.

I’ve literally tried 3 of the most popular USPSA carry optics legal holsters for a Glock 17 (Comp-tac International, BladeTech Signature, and Ben Stoeger Unicorn. None of them fit without dremeling and why I started this thread.

I appreciate everyone’s input, but a lot of folks without direct experience are making assumptions.

That same holster with my CZ in it for a Glock doesnt even reach the ejector and the full breech is visible. How would the bros even hit it? It wont.

Edited by tt350z

10 minutes ago, tt350z said:

That same holster with my CZ in it for a Glock doesnt even reach the ejector and the full breech is visible. How would the bros even hit it? It wont.

Cool, is it a Uspsa carry optics legal holster available without retention? What’s the brand & model?

Edited by Zorfunk

Yes its CO legal. It has a lock/unlock lever and adjustable tension. I run it with zero tension and unlock during make ready. I would not walk around with no tension and unlocked because it will fall out.

It’s a Big Dog Steel Carnivore Competition holster.

3 minutes ago, tt350z said:

Yes its CO legal. It has a lock/unlock lever and adjustable tension. I run it with zero tension and unlock during make ready. I would not walk around with no tension and unlocked because it will fall out.

It’s a Big Dog Steel Carnivore Competition holster.

Great thanks.