Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S2 grips and springs

SkimpShooter

The Brass grips shift the balance to the back from the heavy front. But overly so. Then, you need a heavier front to rebalance it. So, a tungsten guide rod. It's a never ending project haha

Generally speaking you can get springs for a lot less than $100. I'm not sure of the Eeman kit though. What comes in it?

1 hour ago, robertwyatt said:

The Brass grips shift the balance to the back from the heavy front. But overly so. Then, you need a heavier front to rebalance it. So, a tungsten guide rod. It's a never ending project haha

Generally speaking you can get springs for a lot less than $100. I'm not sure of the Eeman kit though. What comes in it?

Springs, extended firing pin and competition disconnector(disconnector is 61$) 

Should I get the lighter brass grips?

Edited by SkimpShooter

4 minutes ago, SkimpShooter said:

Springs, extended firing pin and competition disconnector(disconnector is 61$) 

Should I get the lighter brass grips?

Oh cool. Yeah that is worth it then. I didn’t know the part number.

you need the grips that fit your hand first and foremost. That means more than any weight. You can control the gun with good grip much more. The brass just gives you an extra advantage.

I wouldn't say the brass grips are strictly an advantage. The balance of the gun is better but the gun is significantly heavier, a little too much so for me. I have a set of G10 and full weight brass, my next set will be either aluminum or the hollowed brass. I'd recommend trying them out before you buy if possible (maybe ask around at a local match) and get whatever feels best for you.

Grips are all preference I liked the henning grips when I was using shadow 2s.

As for what you need for springs do the following

Rami firing pin spring

11-13 Main spring depending on your primers and loading

10-12 recoil spring depending on preference. 

You dont need an extended firing pin.

3 hours ago, Foxj66 said:

Grips are all preference I liked the henning grips when I was using shadow 2s.

As for what you need for springs do the following

Rami firing pin spring

11-13 Main spring depending on your primers and loading

10-12 recoil spring depending on preference. 

You dont need an extended firing pin.

I've noticed the Rami seems to wear out pretty quickly. Do you just keep that on a maintenance schedule?

8 hours ago, SkimpShooter said:

I'm looking to buy the palm swell grips. Should I get the brass or g10? Also, just wanting springs, so I was looking at the eeman ultimate kit 100$  what are your thoughts. Ty

Lok palm swell bogies. The brass aren't needed (yes I shot with them for a year and went back to aluminum/plastic).

11 lb recoil spring.

11.5 lb hammer spring.

Complete Cajon Gun Works Pro Package for the gun.

Polish job inside frame, trigger bar...

Do this and you will be good to go with lightest DA/SA pull weights, reliability, and shooting joy.

If you just want springs, 11 lb recoil, 11.5 - 12 hammer. Then do a polish job on the internals.

Edited by HesedTech

3 hours ago, HesedTech said:

Lok palm swell bogies. The brass aren't needed (yes I shot with them for a year and went back to aluminum/plastic).

11 lb recoil spring.

11.5 lb hammer spring.

Complete Cajon Gun Works Pro Package for the gun.

Polish job inside frame, trigger bar...

Do this and you will be good to go with lightest DA/SA pull weights, reliability, and shooting joy.

If you just want springs, 11 lb recoil, 11.5 - 12 hammer. Then do a polish job on the internals.

Ty, I have the bodies and cgw lite kit in my cart. The kit comes with a extended firing pin. Is the extended firing pin needed?

2 hours ago, SkimpShooter said:

Ty, I have the bodies and cgw lite kit in my cart. The kit comes with a extended firing pin. Is the extended firing pin needed?

If you are using the lighter hammer springs then yes get the extended firing pin and lightened firing pin spring are needed. Without it factory ammo will have light strikes or you will need to buy Federal primers. 

If you want a 6lb DA and 2.5lb SA a polish job, and lighter springs are a must have. 

On 2/10/2023 at 5:00 PM, robertwyatt said:

I've noticed the Rami seems to wear out pretty quickly. Do you just keep that on a maintenance schedule?

I just put a new one in all my guns every year. If it fails in a training I gun I will put them in all of my guns.