Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPP mounting plate

daddy9er

Gen 2.0 M&P Cores have a plastic mounting plate for the DPP. Mounted one for a while but the factory screws that come with the gun have a thin point, so I ended up with a snapped screw stump inside the gun's slide.

Yes, the 2.0 CORE and OR guns come with a set of mounting plates for a wide variety of red dots and matching screws.  The OEM mounting plates are plastic but perfectly serviceable since they are only spacers and under very low load.  If you insist on a metal spacer plate CH Precision  will be happy to sell you one.

Note the older DeltaPoint (DP) and newer DeltaPoint Pro (DPP) use different plates as the DPP is slightly longer.   I'll assume you have the DPP.  

For  the M&P9 2.0 CORE and OR guns, the DPP mounting plate is the Type 6 with Screws Type E.  For the 40S&W guns, the mounting plate is the type 6A and the slide cutout cover screws are used.   

The screws that come with the S&W mounting plates are #6-32 so they aren't super strong but modest torque (~12 to 15 inch -pounds) and a bit of blue Locktite is all you need.  Gorilla torque is not needed and a torque wrench is your friend. 

• 3 months later...
52 minutes ago, K-Tex said:

With the 10mm 2.0 I installed a dpp and the 2.0 had the plate for it.   No extra purchase needed.

All of the full size, compact and Shield OR models come with a DPP plate as standard.  However, all of the S&W plates are plastic and that bothers some owners.  Aftermarket plates in metal are available from CH Precision and DPP Titanium (from Amazon and others) if you insist on a metal plate.  

The trick to not breaking screws in to tighten them to spec. and a little blue Loctite.

I never understood the fear of using the plastic plates the M&P’s come with. They’re nothing more than shims. It’s not like you’re mounting screws directly into the plates. 

10 hours ago, Matt1911 said:

I never understood the fear of using the plastic plates the M&P’s come with. They’re nothing more than shims. It’s not like you’re mounting screws directly into the plates. 

So true!