Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock OEM Performance Trigger Kit

Beelow

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/12/2023 at 6:23 PM, Cuz said:

So I installed the OEM Performance Trigger, and it seems about the same as the Apex kit I had in it. I also replaced the 4.0 lb striker spring I had with the Apex with a stock OEM 5.5 lb spring. Still feels the same, but now I have more confidence that I won’t get any light strikes. I have had a couple of instances where the gun didn’t go into full battery. I’ve tried a Carver tungsten rod with Wolff 13 lb spring and an ISMI stainless rod with ISMI 15 lb spring with the same result. I’m shooting 124gr JHP bullets at 125 PF. Yeah, I know, they’re light. But they chrono at 130+ in my Gen3 G34. When I’m done with these I’ll bump up the load because I’m all in on the Gen5. 

Just wondering if anyone else has had to bump up their recoil spring weight after installing the performance trigger?

I put the OEM RSA in only because I done have a heavier Wolff or ISMI on hand to try. Gotta order some. 

Those results would almost surely be expected.  The Performance Trigger holds the Firing Pin at full-cock.  That's a little more resistance to the RSA than normal.  On top of that, you bumped up from a lighter aftermarket spring back to the OEM.  More resistance....  Then, with the super-light loads you're using, I'd almost suspect that you're not getting a full rearward travel of the slide, especially with the 15#.  That saps off a little energy too, because the slide doesn't get a good running start against all the resistances of stripping the round off the feed lips, feeding, and chambering.

12 minutes ago, war_material said:

I am torn between getting one of these or full on Johnnyglock for almost 3x the price. 

I’ll probably end up getting the trigger shoe for mine. 

• 8 months later...

Got my G45.5 just to try the GPT, it’s meh… slapped on a JG Vex shoe, it’s better, less meh… $1200 into a gun just for fun.. dunno what another $200 worth of JG stuff would do…

4 hours ago, EABOD said:

Got my G45.5 just to try the GPT, it’s meh… slapped on a JG Vex shoe, it’s better, less meh… $1200 into a gun just for fun.. dunno what another $200 worth of JG stuff would do…

Well, for one thing, it would make it a $1400 Glock instead of a $1200 Glock...

Might as well send it out to get milled, and put an optic on it to bump it up another $300 or so.

:)

17 hours ago, Cuz said:

Well, for one thing, it would make it a $1400 Glock instead of a $1200 Glock...

Might as well send it out to get milled, and put an optic on it to bump it up another $300 or so.

:)

It’s the MOS version.

So how are these things running for you folks?

I had been a long time glock guy for idpa and USPSA and then switched up to 320 legion for a while for carry optics for a couple of years.  It was fine, but I didn’t love it.  I had a fit of glock nostalgia and just ordered a 34 for this season.    I am picking up parts and about to order either a stock glock performance trigger of the Johnny glock version.   I have two glocks wearing Timmneys and don’t have a lot of rounds through them but one has definitely has had a few light primer strikes.    

Some people on another forum pointed me to Ben Stoeger’s video on the glock performance trigger.  Sounds like he was running 2 of them in a pair of 34s and they started to gum up.   He notes that he is neither cleaning nor lubing them, as is recommended.   There was some explanation about how the coating may have had something to do with the issue but the bottom line was he said he would be having them removed from his guns.   

I’ve been running one since they came out. I have a Vex trigger shoe on mine, and I like it a lot, no issues at all, and haven’t cleaned it since the install. 
My backup has an Apex which I also like a lot, but I have more confidence about ignition with the full power striker spring in the GPT. I run a much lighter spring in the Apex.