Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quick-Lock Holster Lever

ampleworks

https://www.fgsengineering.com/product/quick-lock-holster-lever/

Video: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CnINOTLpyk8

Everyone's seen these before but I finally found a supplier who had them for a reasonable cost so I decided to get one to try and was quite impressed. It brought new life to my circa 2005 Blade Tech 5" XD holster and it's perfect timing for the Kentucky Low Cap match in April!

• Fits #8 screws (Tek-lok)
  • 110lb clamping force
  • Aluminum lever, steel screw
  • 30mm long, cut to desired length when installed - not really necessary if you're using a BOSS hanger
  • Made in Germany -- no Chinese BS

IMG_4826.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4825.jpg

On 1/8/2023 at 6:07 AM, mscott said:

Thanks for the link. I have seen those around but just figured they came with a certain holster. 

They do if you have 8-11 months to wait around for it. Or you can but these from FSG and they will be at your door in less then a week. And take about 1min to install. I went one step further and ordered some small magnets and a drill bit the side of the magnet OD (5MM) and counter sunk the magnets in the holster body and the cam lock handle. So now I have a holster I waited about 20 days for (RHT) with a cam lock that when unlocked is held in place with magnets. Ohh and with doing it this way you can get the cam adjusted with innhalf a turn of how you want the tension with it unlocked. Well honestly you have about 3/4 of turn radius to adjust with. Then mark the spot on the holster body amd lever, drill it just a little, I went down enough to have the magnet stick up just slightly on each. And boom you all good. 

Thank you very much FSG! I and the girlfriend are very pleased with these. 

12 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I went one step further and ordered some small magnets and a drill bit the side of the magnet OD (5MM) and counter sunk the magnets in the holster body and the cam lock handle. So now I have a holster I waited about 20 days for (RHT) with a cam lock that when unlocked is held in place with magnets. Ohh and with doing it this way you can get the cam adjusted with innhalf a turn of how you want the tension with it unlocked. Well honestly you have about 3/4 of turn radius to adjust with. Then mark the spot on the holster body amd lever, drill it just a little, I went down enough to have the magnet stick up just slightly on each. 

Link for the magnets? 

13 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

They do if you have 8-11 months to wait around for it. Or you can but these from FSG and they will be at your door in less then a week. And take about 1min to install. I went one step further and ordered some small magnets and a drill bit the side of the magnet OD (5MM) and counter sunk the magnets in the holster body and the cam lock handle. So now I have a holster I waited about 20 days for (RHT) with a cam lock that when unlocked is held in place with magnets. Ohh and with doing it this way you can get the cam adjusted with innhalf a turn of how you want the tension with it unlocked. Well honestly you have about 3/4 of turn radius to adjust with. Then mark the spot on the holster body amd lever, drill it just a little, I went down enough to have the magnet stick up just slightly on each. And boom you all good. 

Thank you very much FSG! I and the girlfriend are very pleased with these. 

I considered doing a magnet+cup setup like Lafe/Gx Products however I felt that just went too far in copying his idea. Cam lock levers are nothing new in the industry however keeping them indexed to a certain spot on a holster is something I've only seen Lafe do.

It's super simple to put a quick pocket in the lever and attach it with some black locktite/epoxy.

1 hour ago, vluc said:

Link for the magnets? 

Just about any magnet size imaginable can be found on eBay for cheap. Just search "neodymium magnets"

2 hours ago, vluc said:

Got this, giving it a try.  Fits well on my RHT holster.  It is smaller than you might think which I like.

Attach211564_20230121_120659.jpg

Thanks for the photo share. The small size is one of the reasons I like this one. There is on less to snag on when shooting or just going about your match throughout the day.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...