Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optics in L10

motosapiens

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As others have mentioned, I think the main reason L10 should exist is to be a division where mag ban state residents can play. That's still a pretty niche market (in CA most people play in normal cap divisions) but it does serve a useful purpose. To best fill that purpose, I do think L10 should be a relative catch-all for whatever is most common outside of production, single stack, and revo. To me, that means it should be a minor only division (or 8rd major / 10rd minor), and allow optional optics and otherwise Limited rule set

This serves as a good catch-all for anyone who doesn't shoot a relatively standard production type gun to be able to still play within the laws of their states. Otherwise someone with a G17 and RMR but 10 rounds is stuck playing in CO against people with "grandfathered" 140mm mags, which is a massive difference in competitiveness.

Yes, this forces a disadvantage for iron sight shooters, but most locap irons shooters are already in prod and to a lesser extent SS. If you're willing to invest in a 2011 to shoot in L10, I'm sure you'll be fine investing in a dovetail rds mount as well, otherwise you're really just hiding out to avoid the heat in Limited