Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Armory Saint Victor 9mm PCC

On 2/11/2023 at 12:59 PM, blue72 said:

Personally I think colt mag AR-9 are way more attractive looking than glock mag AR-9’s….the same reason people get the AR-V….the magazine looks way cooler!!!

I have both and I agree with you.  But for absolutely reliability and ease of loading, the Glock mags are IMHO, much better than Colt.

2 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I have both and I agree with you.  But for absolutely reliability and ease of loading, the Glock mags are IMHO, much better than Colt.

maybe that’s true, but I can’t get over the look..it reminds me of those cheap Chinese toy guns from the 70’s!!!

F873170E-BDFA-4CC2-AC1D-8FA35B501F0C.jpeg.a80750eade0dd91e6944e738aa8233e8.jpeg

Edited by blue72

Palmetto state armory has deals on Colt pattern mags occasionally for $12/each for 32 round sticks. I have a few of them, a couple with Taylor Freelance extensions and they are reliable.

I would highly suggest getting the Uplula made for them though cause they will chew up your thumbs loading. 

On 12/31/2022 at 5:25 PM, RangerTrace said:

Probably using a mag block on a standard AR lower they were already set up to forge.  

That is what it looks like in the picture, But I am on the stick with my GMR Maybe I will pick up a smith and Wesson M&P Folding carbine, In a little while.

• 6 months later...

Well I finely took the Springfield to a match. At this point I've only put about 500 rounds thru it. It runs, not sure what else to say. Like the for end, like the grip and stock, don't hate colt smg mags, other than loading them. Over the winter I plan on getting  a hydraulic buffer and a dot with a bigger window. For as much as I plan on shooting PCC it will work fine, price point is good for me. I do hope the aftermarket gets on board and supports it, mag well and all the other goodies.