929 Question

gargoil66

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, testosterone said:

The factory barrels are 1/10 twist.

Ymmv.   Of my 4 929's only 1 factory barrel shot something id call good at 25 yards.  The others were 4" ++

Ok thanks, I was wondering if they had the 1-10 or the 1-18 3/4 that the .357 guns used to come with.

My 929 works just fine!

I use Federal primers and round nose bullets.

Moon clips are TK and Speedbeez.  I. prefer Speedbeez because they are not brass sensitive as TK.

I had the major parts replaced by a gunsmith.

It worked pretty well but not perfect.

My gunsmith lives 10 minutes from the range.  So I spent the afternoon with him tinkering with it, then to the range, then back,  Repeats for 5 hours of ET.

I'm a novice Revo shooter but I shoot SV guns so my expectation for the gun's performance is high.  The 929 now fits that bill.

• 2 weeks later...

My 929 double action trigger pull was also off the gauge (>12#) when I got it.  Very disappointing for a supposedly semi-custom gun.  Had a gunsmith do a lot of work on the trigger pull and the timing.  Finally got it down to 7# double action (Apex double action only hammer).  Accuracy was mediocre, but acceptable.  I wanted the 929 to standardize my auto and revolver loads, so there is that.

3 hours ago, Almo said:

My 929 double action trigger pull was also off the gauge (>12#) when I got it.  Very disappointing for a supposedly semi-custom gun.  Had a gunsmith do a lot of work on the trigger pull and the timing.  Finally got it down to 7# double action (Apex double action only hammer).  Accuracy was mediocre, but acceptable.  I wanted the 929 to standardize my auto and revolver loads, so there is that.

How old is yours ? Mine was NIB last month, so I do appreciate all the beta testers..  Have no complaints about mine. Everythign including Wolf primers has gone bang, havent benched it for accuracy but my tightgroup 125 gr fmj reloads with wolf primers seem to hit minute of plate at 25 yards. Gonna do some actual bench group testing next month see whats what.  Trigger pull is about 10 lbs.