Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just getting started

Just getting started in pcc's. Not wanting to dump alot of cash in at first so I'm planning on my initial build being a fm9 side charge upper mated with an fm9 glock lower with a cmc 3.5 flat trigger. Not sure of what comp I'll run, most likely holosun for optics. My question mainly involves the buffer systems.  For those that have run fm9's, is the factory buffer usable or should I look into hydraulic or air? Short stroke or leave as is?

Having tried most types (hydraulic, roller delayed, magnet delayed, etc., plus different spring types) I'll say the best for me is the Blitzkrieg Standard hydraulic, with their short stroke slug and a JP carbine spring.  That setup will handle mouse fart steel loads and minor PF USPSA loads.  If you are running an A5 tube add 3/4" of spacers behind the spring. Go to a JP 308 spring for a little softer recoil if your loads are over 140 PF.

Comps do not make much of a difference with fast powder, minor PF loads.

If you have interest in purchasing the Blitzkrieg, let me know I have one I will be putting up on here soon.  I also have a Roller delayed one up for sale in the classifieds.  

I think it comes down to personal preference.  I preferred the roller delayed buffer system over the Hydraulic one, but I will say I did not spend a ton of time tuning the Hydraulic one in my GMR15.

Good luck in your search.

Edited by Boomstick303

I have run several compression type buffer system, my favorite is the Blitzkrieg, however the biggest diff to me in how the fast the gun cycles has been the Blitzkrieg buffer weight.

Doing drill with and without I can consistently get sub .13 second spits with it and without my splits average between .13 and .15.