Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aero Precision EPC Trigger

Which triggers are compatible with the Aero Precision EPC lower/upper/bcg?

I looked at Timney's offerings for PCC triggers, but they warned:

• Compatible with AR style Pistol caliber carbines.  (Not compatible with SIG SAUER MPX or Aero Precision EPC9

Other places do not specifically say which platforms that they are compatible with, just some rosy prose about how great their triggers are.

11 hours ago, SnipTheDog said:

Other places do not specifically say which platforms that they are compatible with, just some rosy prose about how great their triggers are.

Because it largely depends on the bolt and even to some extent, the buffer system you use. if your bolt's cocking ramp isn't quick enough, some triggers (like my mbt2s, but it is a 2 stage trigger) will not dwell long enough on the disconnector and the hammer will follow. If the buffer moves too fast, the trigger may also not reset properly. in both cases, double fires, or even triple or more are possible. EPC Bolt is I think close to the faxon bolt, which isn't super fast, but should work well with any pcc specific trigger. Usually the pcc designation is to indicate the hammer can handle the blowback action

In the case of the timney and the EPC, I believe the cassette form of the timney requires some material removed from the EPC receiver. CMC has a PCC specific trigger, as well as Rise. I'm partial to the Hiperfire eclipse or 24c/Competition, as are a lot of people running PCC for competition. Fantastic trigger.

Edited by Arcrunner
  • 4 weeks later...

Rate the ones in EPC9s and other 9mms from preference high to low;  Hiperfire Eclipse or Competition, Hiperfire PDI, CMC 9mm, Timney(have to round the corners of the guard to fit into EPC. Rise Blitz, Rise 140 PCC.  I will say the Rise and CMC triggers for their price are great deals!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, EricJ said:

I have no read that the Timney trigger has issues with the EPC-9. Where did you read this?

It's on their website. The bridge for the trigger is too big to fit in the EPC-9. Some have modified it to fit using a belt sander. I'm thinking of going with the CMC trigger for my build.

On 1/4/2023 at 5:15 PM, Anschutz said:

It's on their website. The bridge for the trigger is too big to fit in the EPC-9. Some have modified it to fit using a belt sander. I'm thinking of going with the CMC trigger for my build.

I finally saw where it was listed - made my decision easy, I went with a hiperfire trigger for this build.