Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Mississippi Classic State/sectional May 19-21

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of...I need to load a few hundred rounds and walk out the door this morning...I hope I didn't jinx myself.

I tried to call DBC yesterday morning, but I didn't have the right number. Not sure who I woke up at "match-thirty" in the morning.

Any news from the match?

Match is going well. Actually, I would say really well. All the stages were shot yesterday --- NO RAIN. We are to be at the range at 9:00 this morning. Hopefully, just awards and teardown. No results that I know of. I worked Stage three so I didn't hear who was shooting well etc. I am sure there will posts later in the day as competitors get back.

While John aka Patches will say it was a team effort, this match would not have come off as well as it did with out his hard work. Remember, we had to move the match date from October to May so we only had 6 months to prepare.

I am off to the range.

I know John will post the official results soon on the website but here is what I remember.

Open - Brad Griffin

Limited - Shannon Smith

L-10 - James Louque

Revolver (17 shooters) - Sam Keen

Production - Tony Phan

SS - Kenneth Hicks

Edited by BismarckC

Match results are up on the USPSA site and, for those that want to see it, I've added a combined final to the results on the TeamMagnolia.com site.

The match went really well I think despite my best efforts to sabotage it by playing the shell game with three of our stages and then moving one of them to our newly constructed outdoor rotisserie oven.

FYI, I now know what a Lynn Jones looks like when cooked to a nice medium-rare. All of my RO's worked really hard but I don't see how the guys on that stage made it. Hopefully, once that bay gets some grass on it over the summer, it won't be nearly as bad because it's got potential for some really great stages.

Already looking forward to next year.

John

Great match John. This is my 3rd year to come down and shoot with you Mississippi boys and girls.

Try to come to our Arkansas Section match next year. I'll get the dates out as soon as I get them.

See ya,

Ron Johnston

John did a great job on the match. He took The Mississippi Classic to a new level. I am proud to be a member of the club that hosted the event.

And, just wait until next year.

Thumbs up John; now take a well earned rest.

here's a pic of squad #3 which includes shannon smith limited match winner, brad griffin open match winner, eva beecroft high lady open, forrest mccord high junior open, and john keller high open senior. what a great squad.

post-1268-1148316612_thumb.jpg

and here's a pic of me shooting X ray vision. look at the brass in high in the air.

post-1268-1148316524_thumb.jpg

Edited by lynn jones

Job well done John and all the gang who put on this awesome match. Yes the "Oven" stage was a hot one, the RO's did a great job of keeping the action goin as fast as humanly possible by scoring on the run. I will definitely return for next years match hopefully with a bus load of the Central Florida guys with me. I will round up as many as possible. My squad did quite well overall (squad #4). I took 2nd "D" which kinda shocked me being the only "minor" guy in limited I think. James Louque--Limited 10 HOA, Cliff Cargil winning the Production "MS State Champion", and Daniel Keith taking the "B" Production. I'll give Cliff a ton of credit, this guy is blazingly fast with a production rig!!!!!!!!! But I think the highlite was the 4, yes, 4 reshoots that James Louque did during the 8 stages and still pulled off a win!!!!!!!!!! I would certainly recommend pencilling this one on to your calender next year.

Edited by Hotwings2001

Great Match John. I'm kind of new to USPSA and this was my first match that was bigger than club level. The stages were really good. They were challenging but still easy to score and reset. The RO's were great. They were all fair and extremely easy to get along with.

Everyone on my squad (#4) pasted and reset the stages. There were many times that shooter to shooter was under a minute. It was a great experience. I'll be back next year!

HotWings....I didn't realize you were from FL.

D. Keith

I was kind of wondering what was going on there myself. This is the first I've heard of 4 reshoots. I'm sure they were all warranted for one reason or another but I'm starting to think I may owe James an apology...or at least some money for ammo.

I wasn't counting but I remember a few. He was stopped by the RO on Burn-A DA Turn-A. The RO thought the stage wasn't reset. James was so fast the RO didn't realize that it was shooter activated. Honest mistake. On his next attempt same stage A pepper popper fell before it was engaged.

On Sunday Stroll one of his targets was pasted before it was scored. I think he had another reshoot on that stage but I can't remember why.

He was fun to watch!

D. Keith

Hopalong could not get out of my way fast enough!!! Sorrry Sam!! Great match John you guys are top notch. Looking forward to next year. Just need a little a/c in that new bay!!! John about 250 rounds will do.

Edited by gmshooter

Big thanks to John and everybody else that put the match together. It was very well run, RO's were great, and the range is great. I'll definitely try and keep this one on the schedule.

Our squad was fantastic, got to catch up with some old friends and meet some new ones. That's the best part of this game.

See ya'll at the next one.

Edited by SmittyFL

Yes, John it was a great match, I particularly apprecaite having no weak hand shooting. (for obvious reasons).

I too was on the quick squad #4 and had a great time with all the shooters and I too live in florida, seems that there were several of us on the squad. And, yes Cliff is very fast with the production gear.

Daniel Keith who took first B production was shooting his first -bigger than a monthly- match with USPSA and I can tell you that he is hooked. This was a wonderful match for someone to see what USPSA can be, with FRIENDLY people everywhere you look and excellent organization, as well as cool stages.

thanks,

Execllent work.