Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

320 Mags

boudreux

The Legion comes with 17 round mags, so most likely find a plus 5-6 base pad extension.  Something like the Henning base Pad, Springer Precision or Taran Tactical will work. I prefer the Henning with Grams spring and followers.  This allow 23 loadable.  I also prefer the Henning due to the pin that allows for quick access to the spring and follower for cleaning etc.  The Taran Tactical have the same style pin, but I have yet to use his for P320 mags.   I imagine they work just fine.  The Springer extensions require an Allen wrench to install and remove the base pad onto/off the magazine tube.

Always verify your mag pass the mag gage at less that 141.25 mm.  All of mine passed after install the Henning base pads, but I made sure they did before going to a Level II or higher match.  

6 hours ago, mveto said:

Henning extensions and grams guts are what I’m using 23+1 and they work great, and a large selection of colors if that matters to you.

Are you using the 21 or 17 round mags? I read somewhere that the 21 round mags with an extension have to be filed to fit the gauge

3 hours ago, boudreux said:

Are you using the 21 or 17 round mags? I read somewhere that the 21 round mags with an extension have to be filed to fit the gauge

The 17’s, the 21’s from my understanding do need to be fit and I didn’t want to mess with that.

4 minutes ago, floater said:

21 rounders with Taran plus 2, two of them get me 23 re loadable and one gets 24. The tubes I have with the base fit the gauge at the last two area matches I attended.

I'm not seeing a Taran +2, I only see a +1 listed on their website?

1 hour ago, boudreux said:

I'm not seeing a Taran +2, I only see a +1 listed on their website?

Originally listed as 2 but due to variances in the tube he changed it to +1.

In my experience, USA 17rd magazines have been the most unreliable for me with +5 Taran Extensions.

My 21rd Italy made tubes with taran +1 have been the most reliable.

I have not tried the hennings yet.

Edited by mrvip27

I have both 17 and 21 with accommodating Taran base pads. The 17s (for me) needed to be fitted to pass the gauge. The 21s did not. 

I’ll be trying the Jennings next. 

at far as the TTI pads go for removing, it’s pretty straight forward and easy. If you push the follower down a little until the coil clears the tube, it makes it easier and doesn’t bend the spring nearly as much.