Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 springs

Trey

I've been toying with my 35 and the spring load.   So I thought I would try and draw on the collective experience and wisdom here.  I'm running a 35 with ext. tungsten guide rod, and all stock springs and connectors.

I shoot L10 with major power loads.  What do you run/like/ etc for IPSC?

Also, I shoot steel.  What do you run/like for the low power steel loads?

Thanks!

Trey,

I shoot a stock rod and spring in my G35.

I shoot the same set-up with my minor power factor steel loads.

I tried out a tungsten rod (not the extened one even) last summer.  It threw my timimg waaay off.  Which is ironic, as I was trying to find a way to get faster splits (that may have been part of the problem...trying).

If I were to go with a tungsten rod again, I'd add some weight in the backof the gun for some balance (Seatle Slug or brass magwell).  I'd also go with a lighter recoil spring, with the hope that it wouldn't slam the slide closed as fast...which should help keep the muzzle from dipping.

Hello my G35 set up

- Extended tungsten guide rod.

- 15 lbs ISMI spring

- Brass magwell

This combo makes part of my G35 i use for IPSC standard division. Shooting major.

For steel plates i take the G34

(normal length tungsten guiderod, 17 lbs ISMI, aluminum magwell, shooting pf 35)

Greetings

Adrie

Everyone thanks for the replies.  I'll try the 15# spring in practice this week and match.  After that maybe the 13#.

Flex,   You're absolutely right about the Ext. guide rod and the brass magwell.  The brass magwell really helps to balance the gun and make it sit neutral in your hand.  I have one and I love it!  It feels like better gun and since I've added one I've really noticed the improvement.

Flex,  what does your name "flexmoney" mean?  Trey is my nickname for my real name.  I am the third (III).

I've got a Harrt's Recoil Reducer (Mercury-filled, stainless steel guide rod) with the included spring for a Glock 22 and a THE brass magwell. I'm not sure, but I think that the spring is a 16lb-er. I shoot factory ammo for now in both IPSC and Steel matches. The recoil characteristics are quite nice... only slightly more than my 4-inch barreled polymer 9mm (HS2000/XD). It's been awhile since I traded away my Glock 22, but I think that the recoil is MUCH lighter than that gun (I'm sure that the barrel length play a major roll in that perceived difference.