Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multi-gun Uspsa Nationals 2006

Sure no one needs a roommate at this match? I'm planning on driving up on the 27th and driving back on the 30th.

Too, if someone from the CA contingent wants to either park their car at my house or meet them for a vehicle drop off on the way, I'd be more than happy to jump in.

Can't wait to see y'all there!!!

Rich

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure no one needs a roommate at this match? I'm planning on driving up on the 27th and driving back on the 30th.

Too, if someone from the CA contingent wants to either park their car at my house or meet them for a vehicle drop off on the way, I'd be more than happy to jump in.

Can't wait to see y'all there!!!

Rich

rich-PM me

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after much soul searching and frankly just some serious thinking, I decided not to attend. Just hate preparing for a match half ass, especially a Nationals.

So...good luck to everyone that's going and once I get settled in at Bragg, I'll definitely see you on the range. I'm going to look at the pistol Nat's and see if there are any slots left.

Rich

Well, after much soul searching and frankly just some serious thinking, I decided not to attend. Just hate preparing for a match half ass, especially a Nationals.

So...good luck to everyone that's going and once I get settled in at Bragg, I'll definitely see you on the range. I'm going to look at the pistol Nat's and see if there are any slots left.

Rich

contact carl-we sent back a few but dunno if their gone by now...

Rich

Too bad Rich, we were looking forward to seeing you again.

Take care,

Todd

• 3 weeks later...
Myself & several of the so. texas shooters have decided not to go. To damned far to fly & carry all the stuff. Untill it is moved back east some, I think there will be more people not going. I know the pres. lives in Ca. & likes it in his back yard but it is getting old.

that is such BS, the pres. is constantly asking for venues to step up and offer a venue but as all ways it is a hassle to get anybody to take it , where would you like it to be??

DAMN, we need to move the match to the central states so more people can drive less. Seem's like every year it's out west. What ever happened to clark's range? It was the best one so far.

where would you like it to be?

every time it is in Vegas there is 100 shooters more than every where else, can you think of a range that can get that many people?

I have to agree with Benny. This will be yet another "Nationals" that I won't attend. This time because of distance. I refuse to fly my "stuff", I know too many people that have lost thousands of dollars in guns and gear, and I do believe to ship firearms it has to go to an FFL, so that is out also. I have driven a long way for matches, people even see me back east like for Area 6 and Ft Benning and I did go to the Nationals in Reno 2 years ago, but Bend oregon is just too darn far. Now mind you I don't mind flying ONE gun, I have taken the Benelli to Itally and Europe and when I worked in S.A. I always took a nice .45, but I don't think looseing, a 6" fat free, a very custom Benelli, and a J.P. rifle, wouldsit too well! KURTM

so you are saying that you can fly across the world to shoot some shootgun match but your stuff will be stolen flying to Oregon for the 3-gun nationals?

i am not bying that for a minute, i have flown all over yhe states with all the 3-gun gear and i have never missed a sock!

AHHH Kim finaly learned to type! :lol:

I don't mind loosing a shotgun, or a pistol, or a rifle, but all three at once would blow!!! I know 5 different people that have "lost" guns while fliing. One guy, a Gunsite Instructor lost 2 ARs and 3 Pistols in one hit...about $5000.00 worth. Now I know you live in Vegas and mybe you like to gamble with your stuff, but I am a little leery and timid! BTW the mustach still looks great! ;) your pal KURT

AHHH Kim finaly learned to type! :lol:

I don't mind loosing a shotgun, or a pistol, or a rifle, but all three at once would blow!!! I know 5 different people that have "lost" guns while fliing. One guy, a Gunsite Instructor lost 2 ARs and 3 Pistols in one hit...about $5000.00 worth. Now I know you live in Vegas and mybe you like to gamble with your stuff, but I am a little leery and timid! BTW the mustach still looks great! ;) your pal KURT

I feel so safe with TSA "Homeland Security" at the airports...........don't worry...they will get 2 yrs prob and be shooting your guns afterwards......that is what happen with mine....i never saw them again......i prey you get them back.....good luck.......

Edited by Helmut

I have thought some about the flying with guns problem (as some know, Sharon and I always drive - 6700 miles roundtrip to Albany this year), and the reason is to not have to fly with all the guns we need. This year I looked into the shipping options, as I had a place to send them, and found out that it is fine to ship them to yourself at another location, as long as you are the one that opens them at the receiving end. They have to stay sealed until you can open personally. Shipping back is the same. Just send to yourself and take delivery when you get back home.

An interesting idea, what with the airlines deciding they may charge extra for gun cases regardless of size/weight, etc. To make it really work, it would take a local shipping address for each match that could hold the unopened shipments until claimed by the owner. The peace of mind of knowing that Fedex had delivered my guns to a safe location before I got on a plane would be great. Then the only thing to worry about is ammo, and most have figured out how to do that fairly well by now, either shipping ahead or buying at the match locale.

If this sort of service was available for major matches there might be quite a few who would reconsider how they get to distant locations with all their gear...