Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Prod Optics firing pin block change - Beretta 92

ksy1

What's the consensus on a slightly modified firing pin block to allow an optic to sit lower on a Beretta 92? The mounting solution I am currently looking at for my 92X involves trimming down the firing pin block, but it can still safely function. Judging by D4a 18.4 and the IPSC rules interpretation ("A trigger assembly is defined as a mechanism that, once the trigger is pulled, activates the firing sequence of a firearm"), the FPB would meet the definition as being part of the trigger assembly since it is part of the firing sequence.

I tried reaching out to IPSC with literally no response, so I'm asking here.

17. Original parts and components offered by the OFM as standard equipment, or as an option, for a specific model handgun on the IPSC approved handgun list are permitted, subject to the following: 17.1 Modifications to them, other than minor detailing (the removal of burrs and/or adjustments unavoidably required in order to fit replacement OFM parts or components), are prohibited. Other prohibited modifications include those which facilitate faster reloading (e.g. racking or cocking handles, flared, enlarged and/or add-on magwells, etc.), and/or adding stippling. Changing the original color and/or finish of a handgun, and/or adding stripes or other embellishments is permitted.

Might be an issue 

Is kinda contradictory. Rule 18 says anything not listed is prohibited. And it also states only slide milling is allowed to mount an optic.
IMO that would prohibit firing pin block milling.
But then it allows after market firing pin blocks,,

So I would say you didnt modify the fpb,,, you manufactured and in stalled and after market one. 

3 hours ago, ddc said:

The following thread will give you an idea about how challenging it can be to get a definitive ruling on an IPSC equipment related question.

Good luck.

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/274960-ipsc-spring-change/

Yeah if it's anything I have learned about IPSC, trying to get rules information or clarification is a PITA. Say what you will about USPSA, but Troy and NROI are much better at making these kinds of responses and clarifications.

Edited by ksy1