Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr Bulletfeeder Dislodge Arm Spring

Hi guys -

The Dislodge Arm Spring on my Mr Bulletfeeder has worn out and does not have enough strength to move the Dislodge Arm, much less kick out loose bullets from the collator plate.  I haven't been able to find a source for the spring - does anyone know where I can get it before I try to find a similar torsion spring from McMaster-Carr?

Thanks!

28754503-8220-4106-ADFE-09925C719489_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.c3583ab929f29fb83a6bc799b249c8d1.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Vizorn said:

Thanks!  Contact info is for DAA.  I sent an email to CED a few days ago - nothing received so I posted here.  I'll continue following up with CED/DAA.

Did you attempt to call Mr. Koskela?

Mr. Rick Koskela
(480) 235-8864

Viz,

In case you stall out on getting the parts, here is a mod that I did to my pre-MBF KISS bullet feeder. The original design had a ball bearing in a tube that was supposed to knock the misaligned bullets out of the plate. It didn't always work and the plate would slowly fill up with offsets. This probelm let to the arm that you have.. So, to deal with the bullets that make it past the chute, I came up with a simple mod. I drilled a hole in the feeder so I could had a plastic tab (wire tie) sticking out just over the colator plate to knock the offsets back out of the plate. Not elegant but gets about 95% of the offsets.

Kicker_1.jpg

Kicker_2.jpg

Kicker_3.jpg

7 minutes ago, Vizorn said:

Thanks, Chuck.  I'll keep that in mind if I can't find the spring.

NP. I hope you can get a hold of Rick. The last time I talked to him was about 10 years ago at the single stack in Mesa, AZ. He is (was) a local there...

3 hours ago, Vizorn said:

Rick got back to me, as did Alpha Dynamics shortly thereafter.  I was able to specialty order them from Alpha Dynamics.  Thanks to all for the help!

Good to hear! It is also good to hear that Rick is still around 🙂 

2 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Good to hear! It is also good to hear that Rick is still around 🙂 

Yes.

I remember talking to him around 6 or 7 years ago about ordering a bullet dropper die.

Very polite and very helpful.

3 hours ago, ddc said:

Yes.

I remember talking to him around 6 or 7 years ago about ordering a bullet dropper die.

Very polite and very helpful.

Yup, he custom made a bullet funnel for me when I was having problems with .40 135gr TCFPs. They were about as wide as they were tall. They needed a narrower taper and Rick came through! Good dude... 

• 2 months later...
On 10/4/2022 at 11:54 AM, Vizorn said:

Rick got back to me, as did Alpha Dynamics shortly thereafter.  I was able to specialty order them from Alpha Dynamics.  Thanks to all for the help!

So glad I ran across this post, need to order a new spring as well mine got all bent and is no longer functioning, need to call DAA in the morning.

Here are the instructions they gave me:

“Yes, we have MBF dislodge arm springs. They are $2 each, plus $4 for shipping, bringing your total to $6. Follow the directions below to order.

Please go to our website and log in. Enter the #100287 in the search bar for Special Payment then increase the quantity to 6.  Make sure you mention in the Comments during the check-out process that you are paying for a MBF dislodge arm spring.”

Here’s the DAA/CED point of contact:

Josh Lentz
Sales & Technical Support
Alpha Dynamics USA
2908 Betz Court
Orefield, PA 18069
Tel: (610) 366-9752
www.doublealpha.biz <http://www.doublealpha.biz>