Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Modification

ModernMusket

Hey All,

I can't seem to find a specific rule, and have heard conflicting opinions from fellow shooters. Is it legal to modify mags to fit in the mag gauge, and if so is there a limit to what can be done? I have heard of guys filing down baseplates minorly, but what about cutting corners off. I have a few CZ P10F mags with +2 factory baseplates that don't quite fit the gauge. Would it be legal to chop a little off of the corner of the baseplate to allow the mag to get flush to the rear of the gauge?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, ModernMusket said:

Hey All,

I can't seem to find a specific rule, and have heard conflicting opinions from fellow shooters. Is it legal to modify mags to fit in the mag gauge, and if so is there a limit to what can be done? I have heard of guys filing down baseplates minorly, but what about cutting corners off. I have a few CZ P10F mags with +2 factory baseplates that don't quite fit the gauge. Would it be legal to chop a little off of the corner of the baseplate to allow the mag to get flush to the rear of the gauge?

Thanks

Yes you can modify mags. I have a few 170's that have the feed lips ground off a little to fit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 7:09 PM, broadside72 said:

Get new basepads. My Hennings +3 on the factory 19 rnd P10F mags fit the gauge with a tiny bit of room leftover

No need.  The CZ +2 basepads become +3s when you shave down the follower's legs and the spring takes a set from use.  60 grit sandpaper applied to bevel the rear edge until they fit the gage.  A lot cheaper than 40 bucks a pop from Henning or anyone else and come off without tools as a bonus.

Same thing with my Glock basepads.  While everyone is spending 30 - 40 bucks each I spend 22 bucks on Strike Industries +5 polymer EMPs and they fit the gage without issues.