Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Threaded Barrel Bushing and Slide

Reinholt

Many years ago, I inherited a Colt 38 Super slide and barrel bushing that were threaded. The slide shows the standard barrel bushing slot cut as well.  Question, was this a fad at one point and why would someone do this?  The person whom we acquired the slide from has since passed on but I'm curious to when this type of practice was common or was experimented on back in the day.  We have had this slide since the late 80's.  

threaded.jpg

Edited by Reinholt
typo

1 hour ago, MikeBurgess said:

is that barrel ramp silver brazed on? it looks like a standard barre with the ramp added on

never seen the threaded bushing either

It is.  Local guys used what they had back in the day.  I had it on an old Caspian frame that is now hosting my Pachmayr 22 LR conversion.

14 hours ago, Reinholt said:

It is.  Local guys used what they had back in the day.  I had it on an old Caspian frame that is now hosting my Pachmayr 22 LR conversion.

that's awesome, I love the old school solutions, back before aftermarket was a thing.

The Accu-Bushing is a copy of the original 1911 version.  I don't remember who made the original.  They also made one of the first pivoting triggers, and several other 'normal' 1911 parts.  

Nolan