Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IRC IS LIVE NOW !! (Link included)

https://www.matchsignup.org/match/default.php?matchid=2595

Ruger 2022 IRC

Important Match Information!
14 Stages shot in two half days. Friday-Saturday with a Shoot off on Sunday. All competitors must be current ICORE members to shoot the IRC. Fully staffed match with prize giveaways. Shirt included with registration. We will provide shooters lunch on Sunday. 300 Rounds minimum. Register as press for Snubby category

Dates
Thursday Nov 03 2022 - Sunday Nov 06 2022

Range
Volusia County Gun Club
4845 e SR 44
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168

Match Fee $ 210

Match Director
Extreme GM
extremegmllc@gmail.com

Range Master
Michael Williams

Entries Open / Max
151 / 156

Entry Open/Close
Jul 01 2022 to Nov 02 2022

Registration is Open!

• 4 months later...

According to Practice Score it looks like MWP smoked the IRC with 207 seconds, Kolby Pavlock (semi-local guy I've shot with in Nebraska great fun) was 2nd Open with 249 seconds.  Congratulation Michael!

Limited was won by Jame McGinty with 240 seconds and Fishbreath, Jay Slater, was 2nd Limited with 269 seconds.  And Jess Christnensen, who won the 2022 Free State here in Kansas, was 3rd with 295 seconds.

Alex Bakken, Alaskan454 right here, won Classic with 287 seconds.

Limited 6 was won by David Olhasso with 300 seconds and good buddy Cliff Walsh was 2nd with 307 seconds.

BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Enos Forum Members, MWP, Fishbreath, Alaskan454 for their placements!

Now I'll stump for the 2023 Free State USPSA Level II Championship Revolver Division here in the midlands, just outside of KC, KS, last year we were 4th in Division participation.  Looks to be in June this year, so???

47 minutes ago, pskys2 said:

Now I'll stump for the 2023 Free State USPSA Level II Championship Revolver Division here in the midlands, just outside of KC, KS, last year we were 4th in Division participation.  Looks to be in June this year, so???

It will be in June this coming year?  Do you happen to know what weekend?  (I'm trying to get my shooting schedule put together, and a LOT of matches are changing their dates around a LOT.)

...and I know that the Revo squad had a lot of fun shooting together at Free State last year.  You guys should do that at the Iowa match, too!  :)

2 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Limited was won by Jame McGinty with 240 seconds and Fishbreath, Jay Slater, was 2nd Limited with 269 seconds.

I had a little lead at the end of day 1, as I understand, but McGinty got me fair and square on the field courses day 2. (I know what to work on for '23! I can definitely match his pace, just need to do it a) repeatably and b) while still shooting appropriate pace for a points-down game.) Here's my match video. It was a fun one, I thought—the steel-plate stages are a neat changeup from paper target pace, and the shoot-off was a blast.

The major match calendar is filling up already, but I may try to make it down for the Free State Championship this year.

5 hours ago, Thomas H said:

It will be in June this coming year?  Do you happen to know what weekend?  (I'm trying to get my shooting schedule put together, and a LOT of matches are changing their dates around a LOT.)

...and I know that the Revo squad had a lot of fun shooting together at Free State last year.  You guys should do that at the Iowa match, too!  :)

Hmm are you saying you would shoot revolver at free state?

On 11/10/2022 at 5:46 PM, pskys2 said:

Hmm are you saying you would shoot revolver at free state?

That seems----unlikely.  :)

I've tried it a couple of times, but for some reason I just don't enjoy shooting Revo in USPSA.  Steel Challenge, absolutely, ICORE, definitely----but not USPSA.  (And it isn't the reloading thing---I shot Production for years, and still love doing that.)

I just wanted to make sure I got the Free State match on my calendar, and also think you guys should come up with a revo squad for the Iowa match, too.    :)

27 minutes ago, Thomas H said:

That seems----unlikely.  :)

I've tried it a couple of times, but for some reason I just don't enjoy shooting Revo in USPSA.  Steel Challenge, absolutely, ICORE, definitely----but not USPSA.  (And it isn't the reloading thing---I shot Production for years, and still love doing that.)

I just wanted to make sure I got the Free State match on my calendar, and also think you guys should come up with a revo squad for the Iowa match, too.    :)

Never hurts to ask, cajole or attempt a bribe!