Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A new level of stupid...

That's not inflation, it's just the Hodge business model. They mostly do secret squirrel .gov contracts, so the timmies get all bonered up and every time a Hodge product is released to the civilian market they go nuts.

18 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Ummmmm wow!  Tactical Timmy has got discretionary $$$ to waste it seems.  🤦‍♂️

Yes they do. I recently went to a local rifle match that unbeknownst to me at the time of registration was a "tactical" match, and I was amazed by the number of 23 year old kids walking around with multi thousand dollar night vision set ups on their helmets in broad daylight. I can't imagine the full plate carriers and hydration setups or KAC rifles were cheap either.

FWIW...I googled "Hodge Gunbroker"... A lower sold last week for $3500, and a Hodge Rail, Lower & Upper set sold for $ 5500 ...

Anyone else have local matches where everyone shows up in full kit...lol   Knives, carriers, chem lights...hysterical

15 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

walking around with multi thousand dollar night vision

Not much of a tactical dude myself, but the Night Vision is on the bucket list for one day. 

Why???  Because its creepy kool to hit $h#t in pure darkness.

2 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Not much of a tactical dude myself, but the Night Vision is on the bucket list for one day. 

Oh I wouldn't be against owning some myself, but I can't see myself wearing it from 7am to 3pm at a match.

46 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

I’ve got a thin filmed white phosphor pvs 14 and the full plate set etc.  believe it or not I find myself using the 14 for star gazing and stuff more than anything. I’m too old to larp. But yes. It’s wild to be able to be in the complete dark and see what no one else can see.  And it’s expensive. My larp in the dark ar is not a cheap too with dbal and suppressor etc. but it is cool. 

1 hour ago, Nathanb said:

believe it or not I find myself using the 14 for star gazing and stuff more than anything. I’m too old to larp

Yea, that was the one thing about NV that will always stick with me.  TO SEE every start in the sky and every shooting star not matter how small was absolutely amazing.  Crazy the detail of the night sky NV gives you.

2 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

but I can't see myself wearing it from 7am to 3pm at a match.

Yup, completely agree.  We have a match that once a year has started an annual Night match.  Broken down into white light and NV divisions.   Its a blast.  There is a day match and then the same course of fire with minimal changes is shot at night.  I would not ever wear the NV gear for a day match.  

Never seen anything as eerie as dudes running around shooting in complete darkness and hitting everything they are shooting at.  Well most of them anyway.  

On 4/28/2022 at 10:35 AM, Boomstick303 said:

I’m kind of in the market for NV lol. They are just fun. And you’re right, the stars are awesome. Especially out in a boat. But since they are for fun, the amount going towards saving for them is slim.