Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 41 mag pouches

Ignatz

I bought a Glock 41 and would like to know if the Guba Ribas mag pouch would fit the larger 45acp mag. I saw this mag will not go into my Double Alpha mag pouch. It seems that the Guba Ribas mag pouch will open up more. I emailed them and got no response. Thanks, Rob

In the "IDPA-style" pouches, the ones from CompTac, BladeTech, or any of the kydex benders should work.

For faster "USPSA-style" pouch, the only ones that I've seen for the larger .45/10mm mags is the 077 from Safariland.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a final reply to what I ended up with for my Glock 41.

Comp-Tac International holster for a Glock 41. 

CR Speed C-BAX production holster hanger.

CR Speed belt.

and 5 Ghost 360 Pouch Hybrid.

Everything worked out well with the holster and the Glock 41 worked great too!

2 hours ago, Ignatz said:

Just a final reply to what I ended up with for my Glock 41.

Comp-Tac International holster for a Glock 41. 

CR Speed C-BAX production holster hanger.

CR Speed belt.

and 5 Ghost 360 Pouch Hybrid.

Everything worked out well with the holster and the Glock 41 worked great too!

Nice. I just ordered one of those Comp-Tac holsters for my G48 and I was very impressed with it. 

• 8 months later...

Just an update on how my Glock 41 experience went. 

First, I shot the 41 in Limited 10 and seemed to like the 200gr bullets better than the 230 grain round nose. Seemed like I had better hits with the 200 grain bullets.

Second, my holster setup worked great. I really like the Ghost pouches. Everything in the holster setup is great.

Third.....I basically shot the 41 with Talon grip tape, an 11 lb NDZ recoil spring assy and an 4 lb striker spring. Only recently I found out the previous owner of the41 had a Ghost Edge 3.5 connector in it. I liked the trigger but recently fell victim to buying a Timney trigger for the large frame Glock.

The installation for this Timney trigger went well, with me only having to take it apart again and slightly increasing the pre-travel for a little more trigger safety gap.

The trigger with the 4 lb striker spring still lights off my primers. Because I'm an old 6 shot Revolver shooter, I'm using up all my old Federal primers. So fully seated Federal primers are probably an advantage. 

The 41 last season's trigger weight was around 2.5 lbs. This year with the Timney and the Red return spring, its about 1 3/4 lb. It really feels great and I like shooting the 41 when I'm not shooting my revolvers. I bought the 41 basically to use up my large pistol primers and shoot something different. Its also nice that the 41 has been 100% in the reliability department too.