Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

From ICORE: Re: SW Regional ICORE Schedule Update

From ICORE:

Re: SW Regional ICORE Schedule Update

Due to calendar conflicts with other divisions at Rio Salado, we have decided to go back to our 1 day match format. Staff will shoot on Friday, April 29th and the main match will be Saturday, April 30th. 

There will be no Sunday shooting.

We hope this will work better with your schedules too. 

Thanks,
Steph

On 4/7/2022 at 8:33 AM, ysrracer said:

12 stages in one day is going to be brutal. Especially if it's hot.

There's NO food at the range, so bring plenty of food, water, and SUNSCREEN.

That does seem a bit ridiculous.  

One wonders what kind of "conflicts" happened that couldn't be foreseen months and months ago.  

12 hours ago, varminter22 said:

That does seem a bit ridiculous.  

One wonders what kind of "conflicts" happened that couldn't be foreseen months and months ago.  

V-22:

Haven't been involved with the ICORE stuff so I really do not know what the norm is or if there are regulatory reasons dictating the number of stages for a sanctioned event.

Having set up and run similar sorts of live fire events though, I do know that stage design and thru put go hand in hand and the more stages, the higher risk of getting huge back ups of shooters waiting to go through a stage.  Made much worse if the weather is adverse.  

So, I ask.

GG

Edited by gargoil66

2 hours ago, gargoil66 said:

YR:

Why 12 stages in one day?

GG

Beats me, I just got the above email from ICORE. That's all I know.

As of now there's less than 50 signed up. No idea if that plays into it.

10 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Beats me, I just got the above email from ICORE. That's all I know.

As of now there's less than 50 signed up. No idea if that plays into it.

YR:

Well, that ought to make for a pretty fatiguing day.   Would be more a evaluation of mental skiils than shooting skills in my opinion.  By the sixth or eighth stage a guy will either be able to relax / recover, and regain focus between stages or he will have a real hard time.  Just my opinion.

Just under fifty revolver shooters?  That must clear out a couple of states of competitive revolver shooters.  

GG

Here's my completely unsolicited suggestion for the SW Regional. Since the average age of ICORE members is gotta be in the 60s or 70s, cut the match back to 10 stages, and give everybody a partial refund.

12 stages in one day in the Arizona sun will be brutal. I doubt I can make it, and I certainly won't be signing up for next year.

With 12 stages, prize table and awards it's going to be a 14 hour day. Well be lucky to get out of there before dark.

On 4/9/2022 at 7:43 PM, gargoil66 said:

Haven't been involved with the ICORE stuff so I really do not know what the norm is or if there are regulatory reasons dictating the number of stages for a sanctioned event.

The Bylaws require regionals to have a minimum of 8 stages, a classifier for every 8 stages, and chrono.

-Craig Seymour

Match Series Director

8 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

Forgive me if I would take some heat... the never ending winter up here is grinding the life out of me.  The puddles on the building site across  the the road were frozen this morning.

Yeah, but you guys up there get free poutine, right?

:)

19 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

Forgive me if I would take some heat... the never ending winter up here is grinding the life out of me.  The puddles on the building site across  the the road were frozen this morning.

It's not ideal down here in Pennsylvania, either. We've had about a month of 70F Wednesdays and 40F weekends.

• 2 weeks later...