Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Little Bit Of Fluorescent Red Paint.....

Chills1994

Stopped by a Hobby Lobby on Friday. I was looking for a paint color that would make the front sight stand out.

I bought a bottle of Model Master, Custom Enamel System, Fluorescent Red, FS 28915, and some small plastic brushes. I also bought a bottle of yellow, but it wasn't as bright as the fluorescent red.

A trip to Wal Mart yielded more and brighter colors, but they were acrylic and I didn't know how they would hold up.

I was looking for paint markers but I didn't find any in fluorescents.

Anyhooo..... just a tip I would pass along, for those who don't know already.

Chills

Thanks,

I have been shooting my revolver with a black blade lately. Last Saturday, I shot a classifer in production with a friends Glock that had a fiber optic FS. It is amazing the difference.

I'll be a Wally World today to get some of the da-glo paint.

dj

Yep, I have a fiber optic front sight on my 1911 .45 I shoot in IDPA's CDP division.

After having had the red one on for a while a switched to the green. And what a difference, especially indoors.

I don't know if what just dirt/soot from shooting it or possibly gun solvents or oils, but the red one just go dull after a while.

Chills

Finger nail polish also works very well, has its own brush and can be carrried easily in a range bag. :)

I've tried (black) nail polish as well, but had a glare problem. Does nail polish come in a matte or flat version?

Ignorant Y chromosome carrier... :unsure:

I have this image of a bunch of shooters loitering around the cosmetics counter at their local department store...

It's like 'Queer eye for the shooting guy...'

How true. I was looking for some nail polish to paint a stripe on the inside of my magwell in an attempt to help me watch the mag insert and got some funny looks from the other "shoppers" (at least I felt like I did....).

I wondered what their reaction would have been if I turned around and said, "It's for my GUN!"

How true. I was looking for some nail polish to paint a stripe on the inside of my magwell in an attempt to help me watch the mag insert and got some funny looks from the other "shoppers" (at least I felt like I did....).

Try shopping at Victoria's Secret, I got some really funny looks, I felt like a perv. <_<

Try shopping at Victoria's Secret, I got some really funny looks, I felt like a perv. <_<

When the sales girl ask you what size you are looking for just reply - "Just about EXACTLY my size." :P

When the sales girl ask you what size you are looking for just reply - "Just about EXACTLY my size." :P

I shudder to think that they actually might have their wares in my size (and that someone my size might wear them).

Tried the Bright Orange/red on my black front sight and relized it cut down on the contrast between the rear sight and the brown color of the Targets. which makes it harder to get a good side to side sight picture. It is a lot easier to see the front sight. So I put only a small amount just at the top of the sight so the black sides are more visable, kind like a fiber optic.