Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for recommendations for an inexpensive, but decent, red dot to put on a Ruger 22/45 pistol...

rbx

Palmettos state Armory runs deals on vortex venom dots for $170 shipped quite a bit. I'm likely to grab one for my Buckmark as I already run one on my Glock. FF3 is probably my second choice but only because vortex is relatively local to me.

3 hours ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Palmettos state Armory runs deals on vortex venom dots for $170 shipped quite a bit. I'm likely to grab one for my Buckmark as I already run one on my Glock. FF3 is probably my second choice but only because vortex is relatively local to me.

On a 22 with non-reciprocating slide, it should be fine, but I've had 3 Vortex red dots, and have sent all back for repair for different things. Their warranty is excellent, but it gets used a lot. I'd recommend the Fastfire over the Vortex dots. Same no BS warranty, and the 8 moa dot is more better for steel. 

5 hours ago, OPENB said:

On a 22 with non-reciprocating slide, it should be fine, but I've had 3 Vortex red dots, and have sent all back for repair for different things. Their warranty is excellent, but it gets used a lot. I'd recommend the Fastfire over the Vortex dots. Same no BS warranty, and the 8 moa dot is more better for steel. 

I haven't had any issues with my venom is 15k plus rounds sitting on my Glock. They do a lot locally to sponsor the shooting sports so I lean that way for that but I know tons of people running the fastfire and love those too.