Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo3 Max Issue

Flea

Starting about 2 months ago, the dot would just disappear while I was dry firing. Then it would randomly reappear. 98% of the time the dot always stays on. I have a new battery in it and pushed up that little silver tab that lies underneath the battery. 

Anyone have other suggestions on how to stop this issue?

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Flea said:

Starting about 2 months ago, the dot would just disappear while I was dry firing. Then it would randomly reappear. 98% of the time the dot always stays on. I have a new battery in it and pushed up that little silver tab that lies underneath the battery. 

Anyone have other suggestions on how to stop this issue?

Thanks

It’s going to die. Send it back. Tomorrow 

• 1 month later...

So I sent it back on 2/22/22 and just got my own one back today. They said they couldn't reproduce the issue, shot 100 rounds while using it and and the unit met spec so it was sent back. I'm pretty pissed that a month later they tell me the thing is working when I know it's not working. Anyone run into this issue with Sig and get a fix?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Farmer said:

Is it still a problem? Does it only do it during dry fire?

It happened in dry and live fire. Sig stepped up and said they will send me a new one.

5 hours ago, Flea said:

It happened in dry and live fire. Sig stepped up and said they will send me a new one.

👍 I was also going to mention that all those batteries give off a fume or vapor. When in a sealed enclosure it’s almost like an oily deposit on everything and can disrupt the contacts. A simple wipe with an alcohol pad cleans it right off but it’s just something to remember. I first noticed it on one of my red dots that had set for a while. No leaking or corrosion, just little beads of an oily substance. If you keep batteries in a sealed container for a while you can also smell it when you open it up. 

On 3/25/2022 at 9:08 PM, Farmer said:

👍 I was also going to mention that all those batteries give off a fume or vapor. When in a sealed enclosure it’s almost like an oily deposit on everything and can disrupt the contacts. A simple wipe with an alcohol pad cleans it right off but it’s just something to remember. I first noticed it on one of my red dots that had set for a while. No leaking or corrosion, just little beads of an oily substance. If you keep batteries in a sealed container for a while you can also smell it when you open it up. 

This is a response I got in a different forum.

I had a similar issue to Flea27 on my 3xl.  I sent my dot in and Sig couldn't find anything wrong with it.  Then one day after getting it back, while training, it did it again. I took video of the dot being gone and then reappearing after firing a shot.  I sent the video to a contact at Sig and they told me to send the optic back in.  Turns out they figured out the dot would shift off the lense, giving the appearance it turned off, then after firing it would return to zero.  Sig replaced the optic.

4 hours ago, Flea said:

This is a response I got in a different forum.

I had a similar issue to Flea27 on my 3xl.  I sent my dot in and Sig couldn't find anything wrong with it.  Then one day after getting it back, while training, it did it again. I took video of the dot being gone and then reappearing after firing a shot.  I sent the video to a contact at Sig and they told me to send the optic back in.  Turns out they figured out the dot would shift off the lense, giving the appearance it turned off, then after firing it would return to zero.  Sig replaced the optic.

Well at least they are aware they have a problem. Glad their taking care of it. 

On 3/25/2022 at 9:08 PM, Farmer said:

Wow, this is the exact problem I was having.  Have an XL that’s been sitting around for about 4 months, then when I shot it in a match the dot would flicker on and off about every 2-3 shots.  I’ll try wiping off the internal contacts and see if that fixes the issue

• 8 months later...